What's the most expensive meal you ever had?

samhexum
This topic is 2096 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Waiter charges Astros' Justin Verlander $1 million for 'Dodger Killer'

Hefty price tags in Beverly Hills are nothing new, but Houston Astros pitcher Justin Verlander got a surprise when his lunch bill came to more than $1 million on Friday.

The bill from the waiter at the Cabana Cafe at the Beverly Hills Hotel included $30 pancakes, a $42 salad and ... $1 million for "Dodger Killer."

Former tennis player Mardy Fish, who dined with Verlander, also posted a picture of the $1,095,198.20 receipt, saying he picked up the tip.

Verlander and the Astros won the 2017 World Series, beating the Los Angeles Dodgers in a deciding Game 7 for the team's first championship.

The AL West-leading Astros are visiting the Los Angeles Angels for a three-game series. Verlander, who is 12-8 with a 2.65 ERA and 223 strikeouts this season, is scheduled to pitch in Saturday's game.

Verlander, who is making $28 million this season, has only faced the Dodgers three times during the regular season over his career, going 3-0 with a 2.91 ERA and 27 strikeouts. He appeared in two games during last year's World Series against the Dodgers, going 0-1 while giving up five runs in 12 innings with 14 strikeouts.

DlZHg4GWwAIls2g?format=jpg&name=small

Ok....it is crazy expensive ($100 appetizers anyone?)....but still..

you must have had some hellacious fine wine to get up to $2k!

Was it worth it?

Yes was worth it....I’d been to the same restaurant on two prior occasions, the 3rd time for that big tab I was ready. Yes, wine was about 1/2.

It’s not hard to run up the bill with additions, such as @purplekow grated truffles. Add ins or entrees such as A5 Wagyu beef from Japan, some special sushi, foie gras’, etc.

Zagat (I miss!) said of Drei Hussaren in Vienna “beware the appetizer cart” and indeed you could easily triple the cost of your meal just on appetizers!