Barebacking and boundaries

Wolfer
This topic is 2093 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They test for kidney and liver function among other things in the initial PreP visits, which could suggest a patient might not tolerate the medicine well. They continue these tests while taking the med to monitor for possible harm to the kidneys, which may develop over time, in addition to the HIV test at each PreP visit.

They also test for the propensity towards osteoporosis. I had this propensity so decided I wasn’t a candidate for PreP. Gotta stick with condoms and safe sex.

They also test for the propensity towards osteoporosis. I had this propensity so decided I wasn’t a candidate for PreP. Gotta stick with condoms and safe sex.

That's a new one. I have always thought they should, and brought it up with my Prep doc. He just shrugged his shoulders and said they didn't do that.

What sort of screen do they use- DEXA, urinary N-telopeptide?

Calling one's insurance company to ask whether a specific treatment is "covered" is probably not the best way to approach the issue. First of all, having worked at an insurance company many years ago, I can tell you that plans can be very complicated and the phone representative might not fully understand your plan. Secondly, someone else's post above pointed out the problem with asking if something is covered. If your doctor prescribes it because it's medically necessary and there is no generic available, then your insurance company will probably cover it; if they don't, there is an appeals process. But if you just call a phone rep to ask, in essence, "Will you pay for this expensive brand name drug?" don't be surprised if the boilerplate answer is no. It would be more accurate for them to say, "maybe."

Even though I am in a high risk group for colon cancer, Blue Shield once denied a preauthorization request for a colonoscopy. When I called them and asked why they were indicating they wouldn't pay for this screening when my doctor ordered it due to my high risk status, the phone representative acknowledged the medical necessity for me and changed the preauthorization status. Remember that a lot of insurance companies' M.O. is to deny as much as they can in order to maximize profits and, thus, salaries for higher level executives and stock prices for investors. Therefore a first "no" should never be taken at face value unless it's something that clearly won't be covered (e.g., purely cosmetic surgery).

That is correct. The first response will usually always be a no. The majority of patients either do not pursue after the first denial, thinking there is nothing they can do, or the dr charges 20$ a page to fill out authorization forms, so they all give up. The ones that continue and slog through the system eventually get the coverage on the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

I just had such a weird experience. This was with a guy who's ad says 'safe only' and in his ad text, in all caps, "NO BAREBACK".

So foreplay is escalating and I cuddle him from behind and he pushes his ass against my crotch. Then lubes up his ass, aligns it with my dick and wiggles my tip in. I pull out and put him on his stomach and tease his hole and again he does this wiggling motion and puts my tip in.

I'll spare you the details of what was going through my mind, let's just say: conflicting thoughts and desires fighting for dominance.

I do push in deep once and I feel like I'm fully inside of him. He says nothing when I do this, just moans in pleasure and seems to get really turned on. Then I pull out and continue the session with a condom.

After we're done I ask him if he's on PrEP. He says yes (shows me the bottle) and asks why I want to know. I'm a little confused at that point and say: "Wasn't I inside you? Without a condom at first?"

He dismisses it with a smile and says: "No, I just tease with my butt cheeks."

I did visually confirm though that at least my tip did slide in so it makes sense to me that when I plunged in it was actually in his ass and not between his cheeks like he said (since my tip was already in).

I just had such a weird experience. This was with a guy who's ad says 'safe only' and in his ad text, in all caps, "NO BAREBACK".

So foreplay is escalating and I cuddle him from behind and he pushes his ass against my crotch. Then lubes up his ass, aligns it with my dick and wiggles my tip in. I pull out and put him on his stomach and tease his hole and again he does this wiggling motion and puts my tip in.

I'll spare you the details of what was going through my mind, let's just say: conflicting thoughts and desires fighting for dominance.

I do push in deep once and I feel like I'm fully inside of him. He says nothing when I do this, just moans in pleasure and seems to get really turned on. Then I pull out and continue the session with a condom.

After we're done I ask him if he's on PrEP. He says yes (shows me the bottle) and asks why I want to know. I'm a little confused at that point and say: "Wasn't I inside you? Without a condom at first?"

He dismisses it with a smile and says: "No, I just tease with my butt cheeks."

I did visually confirm though that at least my tip did slide in so it makes sense to me that when I plunged in it was actually in his ass and not between his cheeks like he said (since my tip was already in).

First thought: He must have some serious ass-volume

And bottom line, if you want to play safe, put a condom on and then fuck the guy. That includes if he is only teasing with his butt cheeks.

Don't be the guy who comes here to puritanically warn others of evil bottoms who took advantage of him ;)

Don't be the guy who comes here to puritanically warn others of evil bottoms who took advantage of him ;)
Hey now! :p

I come here to decompress because there are a lot of conflicting thoughts, emotions and desires all running simultaneously in a moment like that for me. And trying to sort these out afterwards on my own just makes go around in a circle.

It's easy to say "just do this" after the fact 'cause hindsight is always 20/20, of course. But in the moment itself my brain can sometimes misfire.

First thought: He must have some serious ass-volume

He does. :rolleyes: