Steak Tartare

Avalon
This topic is 2191 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You think? Several years ago, I took an intensive German course of several weeks in Germany. One of our activities was a potluck dinner where we brought a dish that was characteristic of the country we were from. I was the only American in the class and I wracked my brain to come up with something that conveyed "mom and apple pie" that wasn't ordinary. I finally decided on scalloped potatoes with ham." Everybody liked it.

My grandmother once told me the thing to bring to a potluck are deviled eggs. Easy to make and everyone likes them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deviled_egg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

t is more common to find people eating the Italian Eritrean cuisine in the capital, Asmara. Asmara has been regarded as "New Rome" or "Italy's African City"

A comment without reading the Wiki entry, Eritrea was an Italian colony for quite a while, whereas the occupation of Ethiopia was relatively brief. Asmara is noted for the substantial amount of art deco architecture there. The two countries were united after the Italians left but that suppressed their separate identities, so their separation was not really a surprise.