Roseanne reboot...

This topic is 2068 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

She and her buddy #45 will pay dearly for all of the vulgar comments...Never liked her...never watched her show more than a few times...send her away...and send him with her

March 29, 2018:

“Mr Trump celebrated the ratings success at a speech on infrastructure in Ohio on Thursday.

"Even look at Roseanne, I called her yesterday. Look at her ratings! Look at her ratings! I got a call from Mark Burnett, he did The Apprentice. He's a great guy. He said, 'Donald, I called just to say hello and to tell you did you see Roseanne's ratings?'" Mr Trump said, referring to his reality show.”

"They were unbelievable," Mr Trump continued, "Over 18 million people. And it was about us."

And his Tweet:

“Look at her ratings! Look at her ratings!” he said at the close of a speech on infrastructure in Richfield, Ohio. The president said he got a call from “Apprentice” producer Mark Burnett, who informed him of the numbers.

“They were unbelievable. Over 18 million people,” Trump said. “And it was about us! They haven’t figured it out yet; the fake news hasn’t quite figured it out yet. They have not figured it out. So that was great.”

March 29, 2018

Donald Trump

(President of the United States)

Unbelievable.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of ironic that some people are applauding ABC for its "swift action" in pulling the plug on an ill-informed, racist loudmouth who made PLENTY of loud, ill-informed racist remarks before the network ever revived her show (or renewed it for a second season after a single episode).

They knew who they were getting in bed with, and why.

Similarly, the talented people who associated themselves with this show (and with the ill-informed, racist loudmouth) knew who they were getting in bed with, and why.

What were any of them expecting? That if she had a show again she'd go back on her meds and behave herself?

The whole thing is like a metaphor for Congressional Republicans believing that if they can tolerate Trump, they can get what they want.

The North Korea summit is definitely off now. Trump has bigger fish to fry. I see a nationwide 'Stand Up For Rosanne' tour coming up.

Maybe she can be the Grand Dragon Marshal of the big military parade on the 4th? (Is that still on, or did everyone "conveniently forget" to organize it?)

I applaud ABC for their incredibly swift action. Especially in light of the show's overnight success.

Not to be too cynical about it, Disney does have the phenomenal, global Black Panther franchise to protect. Still, I'm glad they did what they did.

Edited by Kenny

My phone (figuratively speaking) EXPLODED with news alerts when this came across the wire. I subscribe to quite a few of them (including BBC News), and this is all over every network. Wow!!!

Isn't it extraordinary that doing the right thing, which ABC/Disney did, is greeted by the American public with absolute, total shock? What can we learn from this?

Donald Trump Jr. retweeted some of the offensive tweets posted by Roseanne Barr before her show was canceled Tuesday — calling billionaire George Soros a Nazi “who turned in his fellow Jews.”

After falsely claiming that Chelsea Clinton is married to Soros’ nephew, Barr responded with an “apology” that included a bizarre conspiracy-mongering rant about the Democratic donor — which the president’s son then relayed to his 2.84 million followers.

“Sorry to have tweeted incorrect info about you!I Please forgive me! By the way, George Soros is a nazi who turned in his fellow Jews 2 be murdered in German concentration camps & stole their wealth-were you aware of that? But, we all make mistakes, right Chelsea?” Barr wrote in the tweet.

The disgraced comedian then followed up with a second tweet, which was also retweeted by Trump Jr., saying: “Soros’ goal; the overthrow of us constitutional republic by buying/backing candidates 4 local district attorney races who will ignore US law & favor ‘feelings’ instead-and call everyone who is alarmed by that ‘racist’.”

Soros, a Jew, was a child when the Nazis occupied his homeland Hungary.

Edited by samhexum

The one adjective I would not have assigned to Rosanne until now is "stupid." How she could have not known that the vile, putrid, lies, racism, and foul-mouthed personal attacks polluting the media by her "lord and savior" are shielded by the protections of his office, which are not available to civilians.

FRIENDS DON'T LIKE FRIENDS TWEET DRUNK

Donald Trump Jr. retweeted some of the offensive tweets posted by Roseanne Barr before her show was canceled Tuesday — calling billionaire George Soros a Nazi “who turned in his fellow Jews.”

After falsely claiming that Chelsea Clinton is married to Soros’ nephew, Barr responded with an “apology” that included a bizarre conspiracy-mongering rant about the Democratic donor — which the president’s son then relayed to his 2.84 million followers.

“Sorry to have tweeted incorrect info about you!I Please forgive me! By the way, George Soros is a nazi who turned in his fellow Jews 2 be murdered in German concentration camps & stole their wealth-were you aware of that? But, we all make mistakes, right Chelsea?” Barr wrote in the tweet.

The disgraced comedian then followed up with a second tweet, which was also retweeted by Trump Jr., saying: “Soros’ goal; the overthrow of us constitutional republic by buying/backing candidates 4 local district attorney races who will ignore US law & favor ‘feelings’ instead-and call everyone who is alarmed by that ‘racist’.”

Soros, a Jew, was a child when the Nazis occupied his homeland Hungary.

Unpacking the bigots' lies about George Soros: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/george-soros-ss-nazi-germany/

Welp, this was bound to happen eventually... Ro had gone off the deep end lately, completely embracing rightwing extremists on Twitter, etc.

I just wish liberals & corporate media were as outraged by the genocide taking place in Yemen right now, & by the disastrous effects of Hillary's interventionist foreign policy decisions, as they are by a racist tweet from someone in need of mental help. Thousands of people of color are actually dying over in those countries, Valerie Jarret is doing fine collecting millions these days.

I just wish liberals & corporate media were as outraged by the genocide taking place in Yemen right now, & by the disastrous effects of Hillary's interventionist foreign policy decisions, as they are by a racist tweet from someone in need of mental help. Thousands of people of color are actually dying over in those countries, Valerie Jarret is doing fine collecting millions these days.

Rest assured, @Corporate Shill, there's a boatload of horrors that outrage thinking people more than Roseanne. Just because she's a topic du jour doesn't mean she's at the top of the list.

Edited by Whitman