TV Commercials You Hate?

Avalon

Although "The Amazing Race" is my favorite reality show I hate the Travelocity gnome. Thus I would rather watch the show the next day on CBS All Access without commercials rather than watch the show "live" and have to endure the Travelocity gnome commercials!

Sometimes it's the voices. Like that horrid scratchy-voiced Rachael Ray and her dumb-sounding "Nutrish" dog food.

Or that scratchy-voiced woman (or young girl? can't tell) who does the voice-overs for Panera Bread.

Or, any commercial where they think it's cute to get ordinary, tone-deaf folks to try to sing. (Subaru was a huge offender of that over Christmas with all those idiots trying to squeak out a few bars of "Put A Little Love In Your Heart.")

Speaking of Subaru - what the hell is their whole "love" thing all about? ("Love is what makes a Subaru a Subaru" and all that nonsense)

Recurring characters - is anyone sick of Flo and her twinky idiot sidekick Jamie? (And the fact that they've all but abandoned the actual product - Progressive Insurance - in favor of stupid ads about stupid Jamie...)

• 2 weeks later...
Burger King. The statue-king was creepy, and when they photograph the food it always looks off.

I always thought the King was kind of hot. Maybe it was the not-so-vague homoeroticism of the original "Wake Up with the King" commercials for that character.

• 3 months later...

There is a recent Closet Works commercial which consists of a little girl complaining about how her life is so disorganized (particularly her shoe collection) that she is going crazy and that her parents need to buy her a closet system. Her voice pushes me to the brink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_6bSVr8bP0

Edited by TruthBTold

I don't think I've seen a tv commercial in maybe a decade. What with streaming services, disks, torrenting, dvrs, etc. I simply don't watch live broadcast tv.

Public broadcasters that do not carry advertisements are a blessing. Unfortunately not everything I want to watch is on the ABC.

OMG so many.

• Geico and Progressive have to be the worst if for no other reason the sheer volume of them, not to mention the fact that they have become totally inane.
  • Any commercial that presents children as authoritative or all knowing. Thinking of the one with the little girl as a car salesman. Forgot which brand it was pushing - which is a lesson I suppose for the creators.
  • That awful weepy facebook commercial where they say "we came to make friends and find people like ourselves and we got pop-ups and fake news". Boo-freakin-hoo. No mention that they stole your personal information and profited from it. (and still are, I don't believe anything they say)