What Are Your NYE Plans - Who are You Having for Dinner?

Bearofdistinction
This topic is 2328 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just wonder what some of the Members of the Board are doing this evening?

After a lovely Xmas Eve with a Gentle Friend - I thought a Quiet NYE would be appropriate.

So I am making a small Prime Rib Roast with a Garlic Rosemary Crust - baked stuffed potatoes -

fresh creamed spinach en casserole dusted with crushed Pine Nuts -- with an Asiago/Gruyere topping

Chilled Stone Crab Claws with a Whole Grain Dijonaise with minced Dill Weed for starters

and Lemon Gelato Topped with Fresh Blueberries and Godiva Dark Chocolate Shavings for dessert.

Movies in front of the fireplace === "Capote" and "Silver Linings Playbook"

Too Cold for the Mummers Tomorrow! Will likely see my regular Gentleman Friend for Brunch

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My plan was having a delicious diner with my best friends (a couple, he is American, she is Spaniard), then go to Rockhard DC, and then home with one of my favorite dancers.

Unfortunately I am very sick since Thursday. I just came from the hospital, I caught some kind of bacterial infection and just started an antibiotic treatment. No going out for me, I am going to be at home, videoconferencing with friends and with family from Argentina.

My plan was having a delicious diner with my best friends (a couple, he is American, she is Spaniard), then go to Rockhard DC, and then home with one of my favorite dancers.

Unfortunately I am very sick since Thursday. I just came from the hospital, I caught some kind of bacterial infection and just started an antibiotic treatment. No going out for me, I am going to be at home, videoconferencing with friends and with family from Argentina.

Ouch --- Hope you recover quickly!

After a lovely Xmas Eve with a Gentle Friend - I thought a Quiet NYE would be appropriate.

So I am making a small Prime Rib Roast with a Garlic Rosemary Crust - baked stuffed potatoes -

fresh creamed spinach en casserole dusted with crushed Pine Nuts -- with an Asiago/Gruyere topping

Chilled Stone Crab Claws with a Whole Grain Dijonaise with minced Dill Weed for starters

and Lemon Gelato Topped with Fresh Blueberries and Godiva Dark Chocolate Shavings for dessert.

Too Cold for the Mummers Tomorrow! Will likely see my regular Gentleman Friend for Brunch

I like the way you think. I'm going to see the Star Wars film, so dinner is very simple, roasted chicken thighs and black eyed peas.

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Same thing I've done every year since I was a teen... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I've never had any interest in this so-called 'holiday'. It's just a day with nothing interesting on TV or to read in the newspaper.

I’m very similar to you. I’ve done nothing and been alone on NYE as an adult for the majority of my life. The main exception being that a few times-the last one I remember occurring was around 2005-i had to work at night on NYE. A few of us had sparking non-alcoholic apple juice to celebrate at midnight.

When I was a youngster I used to like to watch the ball drop in Times Square on TV. As an adult, I’ve grown to hate NYE and Valentines’s Day due to being alone and without a partner.

Gman

I’m very similar to you. I’ve done nothing as an adult for the majority of my life. The difference I guess is attitude. As an adult, I’ve grown to hate NYE and Valentines’s Day due to being alone.

Gman

I actually like being alone or with one or two friend for NYE. I never go out on NYE

this is likely due to the fact that I worked about 20 NYEs in a row.

I’m very similar to you. I’ve done nothing and been alone on NYE as an adult for the majority of my life. The main exception being that a few times-the last one I remember occurring was around 2005-i had to work at night on NYE. A few of us had sparking non-alcoholic apple juice to celebrate at midnight.

When I was a youngster I used to like to watch the ball drop in Times Square on TV. As an adult, I’ve grown to hate NYE and Valentines’s Day due to being alone and without a partner.

Gman

I actually like being alone or with one or two friend for NYE. I never go out on NYE

this is likely due to the fact that I worked about 20 NYEs in a row.

I’m alone most of the time. NYE and Valentine’s Day just drum my aloneness into my head more.

Gman

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope for your speedy recovery. Happy New Year!

GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS NOW!

I’m alone most of the time. NYE and Valentine’s Day just drum my aloneness into my head more.

Gman

Valentine's Day means nothing to me because it meant nothing to me or my ex. It's just a silly, frivolous Hallmark holiday that we barely even acknowledged.

New Year's Eve is a different matter though. It's one of the times when I really feel his loss. We used to have a few friends over for a nice dinner like @Bearofdistinction is preparing and then drink wine until midnight. Nothing too raucos but enough to be buzzed by the time the ball drops.

That kiss at midnight can be really meaningful when it's shared with someone you love. I always felt like it was a mini-vow or recommitment to the next year. (Sappy I know.)

These days, the last place I want to be is anywhere there are couples sharing that special moment. I take two Ambien at 9:00 and hope the fireworks don't wake up my dog! Lol

I'm staying home to watch Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve. I want to see if Mariah Carey can redeem herself after last year's disaster or if it turns into another train wreck.

Whatever happens, please let there not be 20 million stories the next day about what happened with Pariah Carey, one of the most annoying celebrities of the past 5,000 (or more) years.

Valentine's Day means nothing to me because it meant nothing to me or my ex. It's just a silly, frivolous Hallmark holiday that we barely even acknowledged.

New Year's Eve is a different matter though. It's one of the times when I really feel his loss. We used to have a few friends over for a nice dinner like @Bearofdistinction is preparing and then drink wine until midnight. Nothing too raucos but enough to be buzzed by the time the ball drops.

That kiss at midnight can be really meaningful when it's shared with someone you love. I always felt like it was a mini-vow or recommitment to the next year. (Sappy I know.)

These days, the last place I want to be is anywhere there are couples sharing that special moment. I take two Ambien at 9:00 and hope the fireworks don't wake up my dog! Lol

Hey MikeyG - If you were in Philly Id give you a great big bear hug at midnight and nuzzle your neck and give you a big hickey!

Usually I go to a big party at my friend’s place in Harlem , but I’ve been fighting a bad cold for the last week and just feeling better. Not tempting fate by meeting and kissing strangers tonight. Just staying nearby and meeting a neighbor for an early NYE meal at a local resto and then coming home to rest up for the rest of the week. Happy 2018 everyone!!!