Laser hair removal on ass/balls?

Guest liguy11
This topic is 2117 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest liguy11

I'm a pretty hairy Italian guy. I don't mind the hair on my arms/legs, but it does bother me that I have hair on/in my ass and on my balls. I feel like most guys probably prefer the inside of the ass crack to be smooth, same goes for the balls (I don't want to get rid of my pubes entirely, just the hair on the testicles and lower shaft of my dick).

It's too much of a hassle to keep up with shaving those areas, so I've been considering laser hair removal.

Does anyone have any experience with laser hair removal in these areas? Are there places willing to do it, and does anyone know of any places on Long Island/NYC? I'm kind of self-conscious about my body, so I want to feel comfortable while getting this done.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had occasion to use laser hair removal on those areas as well as the entire body. The longer the hair, the more it will hurt! I usually have my patients either shave or use a preparation such as Magic prior to coming to the office. No matter what brand of laser is used, it will take multiple sessions about a month or so apart until there is very little hair regrowth. Also, the darker the hair, the better result because the hair takes up more of the laser energy. Gray or even blond does not work very well. Overall, it is not the most comfortable of procedures but it is tolerable.

Sorry - I'm on the West coast.

TBH, I can't imagine how painful this would be. I had my legs done in my early 20s. My pain tolerance is high, but I needed a pain medication in addition to the topical lidocaine.

Do you have light skin and dark hair? Laser hair removal works best on that combination.

I'd recommend that you have a doctor do it rather than some medspa person. Make sure it's someone who does a lot of laser hair removal.

I'm a pretty hairy Italian guy. I don't mind the hair on my arms/legs, but it does bother me that I have hair on/in my ass and on my balls. I feel like most guys probably prefer the inside of the ass crack to be smooth, same goes for the balls (I don't want to get rid of my pubes entirely, just the hair on the testicles and lower shaft of my dick).

It's too much of a hassle to keep up with shaving those areas, so I've been considering laser hair removal.

Does anyone have any experience with laser hair removal in these areas? Are there places willing to do it, and does anyone know of any places on Long Island/NYC? I'm kind of self-conscious about my body, so I want to feel comfortable while getting this done.

I feel the same way and have just been waxed on all the places you describe, plus back. I have had it a few times so it does not really hurt. Especially if you talk while you have it done. You are distracted from the actual waxing. It is a little more expensive than I would like but not really bad for the entire back side, plus the balls. Everything else, chest and crotch is just groomed.

If you have "sugaring" done rather than waxing, over time the hair supposedly becomes thinner and in some cases goes away. I had my crack sugared just once and some of that hair just never came back. But I have very fair thin skin so I may be more prone to the follicles getting ripped out.

laser is one option, but, as funguy suggests above, necessary multiple treatments over several months could take frustratingly long to conclude and run into the many, many hundreds of dollars....I have blond/gray hair, so never considered laser.....

you may want to consider waxing and/or shaving, instead.....waxing for your back (if you aren't already doing this) and shaving/trimming by a pro for your genitals area.....I'm hoping somebody from the LI/NYC area here will suggest a gay-oriented "spa" that will do this for you and so you won't feel quite so self-conscious.....I used to have a very artsy-fartsy gay guy shave/trim me "down there" and I didn't feel too self-conscious because he was just very "salon"-ish and did this all the time for many people

When I was younger I shaved my ass and balls (and for a while chest too). I'd see guys in the shower at the gym with hairy asses and wonder why they didn't shave them, it just seemed like they didn't know enough to get with the program. But then as I got older I changed my thinking, and now really like hairy asses. I've let mine go back to its naturally moderately hairy state, and guys seem to like it... a lot. I'm sure there are guys who wouldn't like it, but that's not who I end up meeting. For me, an Italian guy with a hairy ass would be a big turn-on.

I'm only just saying all this since you mention you feel like most guys probably prefer the inside of the ass crack to be smooth. Some yes, some no, so don't assume it's universal. If you'll feel sexier being smooth, go for it, but in my experience there are plenty of guys who really like hairy asses. Balls I'm less sure about... I haven't heard anyone extol the thrill of hairy balls the way they do hairy asses, but I'm sure they're out there somewhere!

In order to get laser treatment for your ass, you will need to get it anesthetized by local infiltration (in other words, with a needle putting the anesthetic under the skin). EMLA or topical lidocaine alone won't work well enough. The anal area is the most sensitive area of the body, with the most pain fibers. Unless you can stand having a flame from a cigarette lighter burning your ass for a significant amount of time, you will have to find someone who can put it anesthetic. Ketamine would probably also work, but then you'll need to be monitored, which would require someone trained in anesthesia.

If you have "sugaring" done rather than waxing, over time the hair supposedly becomes thinner and in some cases goes away. I had my crack sugared just once and some of that hair just never came back. But I have very fair thin skin so I may be more prone to the follicles getting ripped out.

I'm surprised that they affect the follicle differently since both pull the hair out at the root.

waxing hurts too much, laser hair removal is too expensive, and shaving always leaves me with red bumps all over my chest that lasts for days

. . . .

I'm kind of a big baby and if you are going to have other things waxed have the person doing the waxing do the anal waxing (assuming you are having it) last or close to last and your mind will be used to the pain. Actually I find it a little lessened because you are so used to the hair being removed from the other parts of your body. But I ain't going to kid you its not like eating ice cream.

For your ass, waxing, for your balls shaving.

I wouldn't get a laser close to my balls/butthole, up to you

I LOVE HAIRY ASS CRACK -- NOTHING BETTER THAN RIMMING AND FLOSSING AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
waxing hurts too much, laser hair removal is too expensive, and shaving always leaves me with red bumps all over my chest that lasts for days

being a hairy boy sucks lol. I just use a trimmer when the hair gets too unruly, that seems to be the only thing to be not painful, cost effective and doesn't leave me with any marks

but now i do understand why guys don't like hairy guys to shave, bc it feels like your making love to a cactus lol.

You may be doing it all wrong.

I always make sure to take a hot shower, do not use a lot of cream, and shave at night when I shave my.... So far I have never gotten any ingrown hairs or bumps.

You may be doing it all wrong.

I always make sure to take a hot shower, do not use a lot of cream, and shave at night when I shave my.... So far I have never gotten any ingrown hairs or bumps.

Actually, it isn’t the way you do it, many people have no issue with shaving, but there is an entire category of people with a “tendency for ingrown hair”. I am one of them. It doesn’t matter the technique. It is a type of skin and hair.

So I trim, but do not shave or wax or do anything that gets the hair tip completely hidden.

Otherwise guaranteed to have red bumps for several days.

I got my upper back and ass lasered about 17 years ago, but not the crack. The results were outstanding. My ass is still totally smooth. I also have been using sugaring for my chest and legs, which is far more effective and less painful than waxing. Since I’m an avid road biker, I like my legs completely smooth. For the crack and balls, I’ve long used a Lady Gillette and Nivea shave cream and have never had any issues with razor burn or ingrown hairs.