It's Better than SEX

jjkrkwood
This topic is 1834 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yup, some people say that FOOD is better than Sex, especially certain "comfort foods" that warm you on a cold winters day, or refresh you on a hot summers day.

For me, it's GRILLED CHEESE.... In fact just finished an ooey-gooey cheddar and pepperjack on honey wheat with my International coffee. Those long strings of melty cheese, and oily buttery "crisp" bread, just make me feel oh so comforted..... when I feel "daring" i'll add some bacon, perhaps sliced tomatoe, or carmelized onions...

What's your go-to Comfort food, and WHY did you choose it ?

make-lazy-grilled-cheese-sandwiches-your-toaster.w1456.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beef stew. I don't really enjoy cooking, but I make a really good beef stew. I roast potatoes, carrots and mushrooms separately and then add them at the end. It keeps them from getting mushy and adds a really delicious roasted flavor.

When I think of comfort food I think of something for when I'm not feeling well. My go to is simple scrambled eggs. Scrambled soft and put on a piece of toast. It's what I got when I was a kid, and there's nothing like being sick to make you feel like a child again. Men are such babies. ;)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gbHjANR8Uhg/T9ory_38IRI/AAAAAAAAA3g/pwOIF9c9yxM/s1600/costco+chicken.jpg

Costco chicken with rice and a tossed salad!

That's like a regular meal...It would sustain me, but not give me comfort.... in fact I had it the other nite.... And I wouldnt call it better than sex, but a greasy, melty Grilled cheese beats 10" for me Any Day !

Mom's mac and cheese. I've tried to duplicate it but it's never the same. She says all she does is follow the sauce recipe on the side of the Wondra package and add Cracker Barrel cheddar cheese (gold label), but it's still not as good when I make it. Mom knows that one sure way to get me to come over for dinner is to offer mac and cheese... yeah I'll be there!

Mom's mac and cheese. I've tried to duplicate it but it's never the same. She says all she does is follow the sauce recipe on the side of the Wondra package and add Cracker Barrel cheddar cheese (gold label), but it's still not as good when I make it. Mom knows that one sure way to get me to come over for dinner is to offer mac and cheese... yeah I'll be there!

I love Mac & cheese, but only if it has buttery/toasty bread crumbs on top.... I like the additional little crunch.

I've been sick the whole week - Influenza A - with every symptom known to mankind and today I am able to finally eat a little bit tho my throat is still rebelling.

So . . . I decided to make a brisket for when I'll be able to eat something later. Here I am in my jammies (don't have any so use your imagination but add a heavy duty apron - no fat splatters please!) and the brisket has about 3 hours to go. Time to add the potatoes, celery, carrots. Make sure I have horseradish to clear my sinuses.

Tomorrow or Tuesday I will have a feast if I am still alive.

(And yes, Gracie, I had my Flu shot)