and now it's Garrison Keillor.....

azdr0710
This topic is 2366 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I wonder how long it will be before we start to see men being very vocal about being harassed by a female superior, whether in Hollywood or at networks.

... or being harassed by a gay guy at work ... wait a minute ... WHY would we complain about that?

I got groped by an orderly at work. I didn't follow up ... but one of my roommates did. He said that he was a fine POA.

Damn.

Keillor? Say it ain't so. Years ago I was a "handler" for celeb meet and greets. Part of my job, along with logistics, was to keep them functionally sober and out of trouble He was one of the few who didn't require special attention.

Keillor is, of the current crop of celebs in this mess, the first one that I personally connect with as a performer. I started listening to A Prairie Home Companion as a teen, and always enjoyed his quirky humor and style. I admit I haven't tuned in to the show since he left it - somehow it wouldn't feel the same to me. So, it's not that he gets a pass from me or anything, just that I'm truly sorry to discover that he's yet another in the list.

The email he sent to the Minneapolis Star Tribune...

"I'm doing fine. Getting fired is a real distinction in broadcasting and I've waited fifty years for the honor. All of my heroes got fired. I only wish it could've been for something more heroic. I put my hand on a woman's bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called. Anyone who ever was around my show can tell you that I was the least physically affection person in the building. Actors hug, musicians hug, people were embracing every Saturday night left and right, and I stood off in the corner like a stone statue. If I had a dollar for every woman who asked to take a selfie with me and who slipped an arm around me and let it drift down below the beltline, I'd have at least a hundred dollars. So this is poetic irony of a high order. But I'm just fine. I had a good long run and am grateful for it and for everything else."

The email he sent to the Minneapolis Star Tribune...

"I'm doing fine. Getting fired is a real distinction in broadcasting and I've waited fifty years for the honor. All of my heroes got fired. I only wish it could've been for something more heroic. I put my hand on a woman's bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called. Anyone who ever was around my show can tell you that I was the least physically affection person in the building. Actors hug, musicians hug, people were embracing every Saturday night left and right, and I stood off in the corner like a stone statue. If I had a dollar for every woman who asked to take a selfie with me and who slipped an arm around me and let it drift down below the beltline, I'd have at least a hundred dollars. So this is poetic irony of a high order. But I'm just fine. I had a good long run and am grateful for it and for everything else."

This is what I was worried about. Where mere accusations, can ruin lives. Plus a she said, looks by the same definition he was assaulted multiple times. Lawyers and money wills crew this up so bad.

Not to bring Moore into this, but I am really appalled Gloria Allred is not bringing that yearbook forward. moore was a judge with his signature on hundreds of public documents. She should have compared the yearbook signature with other public signatures or some such before making that as part of the accusations.

At the rate this is going, no one is going to believe it anymore.

You can accuse me of ALOT.... but it is reassuring in these crazy days to know that one thing is for certain.... I can NEVER be accused of inappropriate sexual behavior... with a woman. Or any behavior for that matter.

Well, I guess, they could accuse me, but then I would just deny it and that makes it all go away right? It's only if you admit it, that it's real. So just be a complete chicken shit, lie your racist ass off, and the next thing you know, you'll be in political office. Pussy grabbers Unite!

Unfortunately, as the piling on grows, I fear that the accusations will be taken less seriously, especially if a few turn out to be obviously fake or exaggerated. It will actually help voters justify their support for Moore, because, "Well, everyone does it, even the liberals, but at least he is against abortion and gay marriage, which are the real dangers."

Unfortunately, as the piling on grows, I fear that the accusations will be taken less seriously, especially if a few turn out to be obviously fake or exaggerated. It will actually help voters justify their support for Moore, because, "Well, everyone does it, even the liberals, but at least he is against abortion and gay marriage, which are the real dangers."

Sounds like a rugby game.