What's your favorite fast food?

samhexum

Good Grief said:all Chick-fil-A restaurants are closed for business on Sundays as well as on Thanksgiving and Christmas

I dislike the 'values' and political positions they support, but admire their devotion to their beliefs just in the simple regard to the fact that they close on Sundays. That's a lot of potential $$$ not earned. I'd be curious to see how KFC's sales are on Sundays in areas where they directly compete with Chick-fil-A.

Good Grief said:

Chick-fil-A prides itself on its customer service and ingredient quality, two staples that set the chain apart from many others within the fast food industry.

This is from a Wikipedia entry?

I don't know what it's from, but the chain IS known for the excellent quality of their chicken sandwiches (and for their waffle fries).

Chick-fil-A prides itself on its customer service and ingredient quality, two staples that set the chain apart from many others within the fast food industry.

The reason I asked is that I know Wikipedia doesn't favor things that sound promotional in nature - that sentence sounds like a commercial, not a plain old fact about the subject.

The sentence in question is now gone from the article.

None.

1992. Obese, unemployed, I realized that 80% of my diet was fast food. So I swore off anything with a drive thru.

I have not had McDs, BK, Wendys, Hardees, Arbys, Hardees, Popeyes, KFC, Jack in the Box, White Castle, Long John Silvers, Taco Bell in 25 years. I tried In & Out once after moving to CA in 90s.... didnt like it anyway.

Its become fetish-like..... I refuse to eat at those places. I have a theory that drive thru windows are one enabling element for compulsive overeaters.

To try to respond in the spirit of the OP... what I miss most is Popeyes biscuits, White Castle, and something called a Chilito, created at a Mexican fast food chain called Zantigos, (served also at Taco Bell when they bought Zantigo). Dont know if it still exists, but I miss Naugles in St. Louis.

The reason I asked is that I know Wikipedia doesn't favor things that sound promotional in nature - that sentence sounds like a commercial, not a plain old fact about the subject.

The sentence in question is now gone from the article.

Wow, you're right. That's weird. I swear I didn't do anything other than copy and paste - no annotation.

Strange.

FAVES FROM YESTERYEAR:

WETSONS: An east-coast burger chain that was around when I was a kid. I remember its distinctive exterior decor, as well as where at least 3 were located in Queens & the Bronx, but don't remember if the burgers were actually any good.

GOLDEN SKILLET: An east-coast fried chicken chain that gradually died out. They had a small location across the street from me when I was little, and I remember my family all LOVED it. My sister kept her plastic mah-jong set in one of their plastic bags for years. I may still have it somewhere.

Pudgie's Famous Chicken: was founded in 1981 in Bethpage, New York by George Sanders, who developed a secret batter recipe and skinning progress. This concept was spread throughout Long Island and Queens and by 1989 Pudgie's became a franchise company. TruFoods Systems, Inc., bought the trademark in 2002, and as of 2011, TruFoods operates the Wall St. Deli, Ritter's Frozen Custard, Arthur Treacher's, and Pudgie's. Today, this concept is exclusive to Nathan's Famous, and as such, many of these are cobranded with Nathan's.

On July 21, 2014 the first rebranded "Pudgie's Naked Chicken Co." opened in Massapequa, New York. TruFoods President, Gary Occhiogrosso, said he is reinventing the Pudgie's brand which still offers skinless fried chicken but also offers fresher ingredients. Its menu has been modernized to spotlight what Ochiogrosso called “grilled and healthier options." Nothing is frozen, and all items — including fries and roasted vegetables — are freshly prepared, as much to order as possible.

As of January 2015 there are only four Pudgie's Famous Chicken restaurants open in East Islip, Selden, West Islip, and Valley Stream. Pudgie's Naked Chicken Co. last location in Massapequa closed in July 2016.

Subway is ok, but there was a time about a decade ago maybe when there were a bunch of Quizno's locations in Boston (they've since died) and I found I really liked them better.

I preferred them, too. There's actually still one in Queens I am occasionally near, but it only has street parking and I can't walk very far, so I've never patronized it. There's a police precinct on the next block, so perhaps that's how they've had enough traffic to stay in business.

o.jpg

Alas, I live too far away for them to deliver.

There is a Chick-Fil-A right near where I live but I absolutely REFUSE to patronize it. The owners are, I believe, Mormon and are headquartered in Utah. They are outspoken in their apposition to all the causes I'm for - abortion rights, same sex marriage and gun control. Not only are they outspoken but they are major donors to opposition groups that appose these causes.

Are you certain that they're outspoken?

Theres a Chik Fil-A down the road from me. And I dont patronize it. I tend not to patronize any organization that exclaims their religious views.

That said, my understanding is that CFA simply lets it be known that theyre religious, but theyre not actively foisting their values on employees or the community. That they've never taken an openly anti-gay stance.

I dont want to defend them. I dont/wont go there. I just want to learn for sake of accuracy.