PALM SPRINGS WEEKEND 2018

Epigonos
This topic is 2232 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Noooooo!!! I do not want to be the only ambassador of the Southern Hemisphere!

I know! I know the lack of someone to represent Terra Australis del espiritu santo is unfortunate. (The great south land of the holy spirit.) Much of the civilisational pride of the Americas is what happened in the southern hemisphere, both indigenous and settler. Wear it with pride and represent the great South.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends, Romans, countrymen. Wait, that was the wrong intro...

I've just written to Oliver to confirm that I will be unable to attend the gathering this year, much as I had hoped to be able to do so and renew acquaintances from last year and indeed from the January forum lunch in DC in 2016. I have already mentioned it to a small number of guys I chat to separately. As so often happens, other issues have come up that compel me to be at home for most of April.

I'm sure that the festivities will be just as jubilant and enjoyable in my absence and I wish all of you the best for the weekend. Have one for me. (You can take the 'one' to mean whatever you wish!)

Mike

Say it ain't so!!:(

I've just written to Oliver to confirm that I will be unable to attend the gathering this year, much as I had hoped to be able to do so and renew acquaintances from last year and indeed from the January forum lunch in DC in 2016. I have already mentioned it to a small number of guys I chat to separately. As so often happens, other issues have come up that compel me to be at home for most of April.

I'm sure that the festivities will be just as jubilant and enjoyable in my absence and I wish all of you the best for the weekend. Have one for me. (You can take the 'one' to mean whatever you wish!)

Mike

Damn is all I can say.

I know! I know the lack of someone to represent Terra Australis del espiritu santo is unfortunate. (The great south land of the holy spirit.) Much of the civilisational pride of the Americas is what happened in the southern hemisphere, both indigenous and settler. Wear it with pride and represent the great South.
Well all that noise coming from your room next door almost drown out all the noise coming from my room. Will miss seeing you there. Edited by purplekow

Mike

Oh this is a bummer. You are going to be missed.

Perhaps MAL 2019 then? I will plan an event for that weekend again next year. Hope you're able to attend.

All right, all of you are too much fun, so I'm taking the plunge. I've just booked four nights at the Canyon Club and even if I'm too late with my convo to Oliver to be part of the "formal festivities", I'm looking forward to being part of this weekend in whatever way I can. It all sounds like too good of a time to miss and by mid-April, I'm going to need a few nights away more than you can imagine. It may or may not be the craziest thing I do all year, but at least it's a start. Looking forward to it.

All right, all of you are too much fun, so I'm taking the plunge. I've just booked four nights at the Canyon Club and even if I'm too late with my convo to Oliver to be part of the "formal festivities", I'm looking forward to being part of this weekend in whatever way I can. It all sounds like too good of a time to miss and by mid-April, I'm going to need a few nights away more than you can imagine. It may or may not be the craziest thing I do all year, but at least it's a start. Looking forward to it.

Will be good to see you. Though you are listed as a newbie, you've been around the forum for over five years! With this post, you've reached your one-post-per-year quota, apparently! ;):D

My unofficial count tells me that there will be eight of us staying at INNdulge. Looking forward to seeing all of you at breakfast, around the pool and at happy hour!

does that mean you'll be staying at inndulge? quite a few of us will be there!

I will be at INNdulge. Looks like it’s fully booked

YAY!! I'll be there from the 12th to the 21st :)

My unofficial count tells me that there will be eight of us staying at INNdulge. Looking forward to seeing all of you at breakfast, around the pool and at happy hour!

Looking like the hot tub is going to be very crowded.

The best crowd will be at Canyon Club. INNdulgers are LOOsers.[/quote

I sincerely hope the comment has been made in jest. I have been attending for many years and this has not been the attitude - there has never been a "we and them" vibe. In the past we have all come together in camaraderie, shared a meal, downed a drink or two, engaged in conversation and yes enjoyed each others company, both publicly and privately.

I think he’s being a joker. A million pages ago in thread we decided the winning lodge would be determined by a series of oil wrestling matches. Victor Powers volunteered to rep CC. They’ll be held in my room because I’m so giving.

So @SuperJunior, this is why you’re going over to INNdulge? To represent them in this wrestling match?

I should have known!