free, all nude male Hamlet in Prospect Park

Kevin Slater
This topic is 2484 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Several years ago a small theatre company in the DC area did an all-nude Macbeth (with men and women). The rationale was that they should look primitive, and the actors were told not to cut their hair or shave any part of their bodies for several months before rehearsals started. The problem was, all the actors except the Macbeths played three or four roles. With no costumes, a naked actor would come on stage and you'd wonder, "Who is he now?" since their appearance never changed.

Guys, for effect I was deliberately misinterpreting what Kevin said, reading the one word 'Brooklyn' as contradicting the question, 'This is in New York City, right?' when he was agreeing that it was and specifying which part of the city. Allow me to reassure you that I knew Brooklyn is one of the five boroughs!

My gentleman caller (who works as an analyst for the Parks Department) told me that Hamlet was being performed in Prospect Park when I saw him Friday, but he didn't mention that it was an all-male production performed in the nude. It's an especially strange oversight because he's into nudism; in June we stayed overnight at a nudist resort he goes to once or twice a year.

Archived