Cute Critters to Take Our Minds Off Everyday Stresses

quoththeraven

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1c515288a8bad3ff5b95a646278928fc75302630.png

I find pictures like this, of a dog so comfortable with and trusting of its human that it falls peacefully asleep beside him, to be among the most touching and, perhaps oddly so, comforting images I've ever seen. A portrait of such pure affection paired with innocent trust that it makes my eyes water a bit just to know such wonders still exist.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of @Kenny

I've owned both cats and dogs (well, only 2 cats, the rest dogs). I know that dogs don't seem to have an "off" signal, telling them when to stop eating. But I've never known a cat to overeat. Is this just a genetic defect of a few cats? Or is this common?

I've owned both cats and dogs (well, only 2 cats, the rest dogs). I know that dogs don't seem to have an "off" signal, telling them when to stop eating. But I've never known a cat to overeat. Is this just a genetic defect of a few cats? Or is this common?

I've had nine cats in my lifetime and all of them stopped eating when they were full. My current cats get very excited when I prepare a meal because I give them a little moist food when I eat. They never eat all of it in one sitting. They have a few nibbles and come back later when they are hungry again. My brother had two sleek and svelte cats and one obese one. The slimmer cats ate like normal cats (i.e. they ate until they were full and left the rest) and the obese one ate more than the others. He was the exception.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...