Cute Critters to Take Our Minds Off Everyday Stresses

quoththeraven

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 Goldendoodles....both big boys...110lbs and 85lbs...not only smart..but loving....

I think I see a thought bubble for the one on the right: I'm glad you're having fun buddy. Just know, if you screw this up, I'll be picking human ass out of my teeth.

Chicago, like many cities, has been hard-hit by COVID-19 and now by protests, fires, and looting. Nonetheless, the City That Works serves all citizens, including those of the feathered variety:

[MEDIA=twitter]1266525566674653185[/MEDIA]

After watching the antics of Snowball a few posts back, an interview on the radio here today struck a particular chord with me. It's with a woman who was highly qualified in her field and then, after raising a magpie chick, launched into studying birds, going so far as to complete (as it transpired in the conversation) a PhD in the field. She talks about the adventures and misadventures of her life with the birds she looked after (and studied). At one point, she talked about having a galah (a pink and grey parrot) that (or maybe that should be 'who') called out the names of her four Rhodesian ridgeback dogs, in her 'come here' tone of voice. The dogs came in, then the bird told them to sit, and they did! It's a long listen, just under an hour, but I found it good fun.

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/conversations/gisela-kaplan-rpt/12294122

• 2 weeks later...

Not a real cute critter, but it makes you laugh.

[MEDIA=twitter]1265199564274888706[/MEDIA]

Australians often won the Nanaimo to Vancouver bathtub races, 33 kilometres of open water. He's probably one of the guys that would have built a racing tub. (Frank Ney probably isn't a 'cute' critter, sorry).

• 3 weeks later...

No pictures of cute critters unless you count the black cat in the feature image for the page (or the dog in the thumbnail for the previous episode on the right of the page), but rather an engaging set of talks on the theme of What we can learn from cats. As it says in the web page this was presented at the Melbourne Writers Festival in 2018 and was broadcast this week as part of a week of ABC programming featuring issues about mental health. The first segment starts out with a child wanting a cat, 'forcing' his reluctant mother to check out a newly born kitten in the neighbourhood, and having the story take an unexpected turn before their new cat is old enough to bring home.

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/bigideas/what-we-can-learn-from-cats/12353946

Remember the penguins who wandered around The Shedd Aquarium? Well, two of their friends waddled across the street and visited the Field Museum.

[MEDIA=twitter]1280897087522160641[/MEDIA]

• 2 weeks later...