Exposing myself to the bright light of advice

LivingnLA
This topic is 2880 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm a Boomer and I do what I please and have for a long time.

Because I lived through the height of the civil rights movement and protests against Vietnam as well as the beginning of gay and women's lib, I tend to think of Boomers as more forward-thinking and political than Gen Xers. Right now it feels like the Millennials have more of that political fire and a healthy disinterest in things like tightly-policed norms of gender expression. We're still way behind, and in some ways more behind than we used to be, on gender roles, though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think our US culture is very transactional and the way men socialize in our country is very limiting. Don't get me wrong, I love my USA, and, obviously, I love all sorts men (looks at Ass Revolutiom and Pecs & Nips threads)

I post mostly in the politics form, so I knew very little about you, beyond your likability, until I went to the Gallery and searched for your posts in the above threads. I believe you once wrote that you feel a little uneasy in the politics forum. But that is a place where people talk about politics as well as their personal emotions.Since we seldom post in the same forum, this may be our only contact. But, I do want to say that you are an exceptional impressive person ( reading about 20 of your posts is enough to come to that conclusion, @Trureview).

I post mostly in the politics form, so I knew very little about you, beyond your likability, until I went to the Gallery and searched for your posts in the above threads. I believe you once wrote that you feel a little uneasy in the politics forum. But that is a place where people talk about politics as well as their personal emotions.Since we seldom post in the same forum, this may be our only contact. But, I do want to say that you are an exceptional impressive person ( reading about 20 of your posts is enough to come to that conclusion, @Trureview).

I'm honored you took the time to post this, @WilliamM. Thank you!

This webcommunity has a whole bunch of impressive folks, and I find myself learning something new or gaining a deeper or different perspective every day. It has become a happy daily ritual to be with you all.

Yes! *fist pump*

My wacky and deeply personal thread brought @WilliamM out of politics and created a space for he and @Truereview to express their appreciation for each other. Let the love flow y'all. There are some amazing people here. Some very opinionated people too, but humanity is a diverse and complicated bunch. And yes, some of those opinionated people are amazing too. Isn't it great how it all overlaps sometimes?

Archived