What gives?....

Funguy
This topic is 3076 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Today i have been kicked off the Forum several times requiring me to sign in again. YES, I have checked the box asking to keep logged in.

Also some of my posts from today have disappeared, even after they were "liked" or quoted.

And, on a couple, when i go to enter the post I am told I don't have authorization to view or post in that thread.

I have also signed out and re-signed in and that has not helped.

HELP!!! Any thoughts?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today i have been kicked off the Forum several times requiring me to sign in again. YES, I have checked the box asking to keep logged in.

Also some of my posts from today have disappeared, even after they were "liked" or quoted.

And, on a couple, when i go to enter the post I am told I don't have authorization to view or post in that thread.

I have also signed out and re-signed in and that has not helped.

HELP!!! Any thoughts?

"Your attitude has been noted, you know. Oh yes, it's been noted!" :mad::rolleyes:

I was told that I was not authorized to reply to a thread the other day as well. I was puzzled at first, but then realized that the thread had been locked. So just as well as I don't usually want to get involved in controversy do. All of this occurred while on my iPad.

Well, again on my iPad I did post something funny to lighten up a thread earlier today and shortly afterwards I got a notification that there were several responses after mine. Not having the time to read them at that moment I returned a short time later. Not only were the notifications gone, but the thread was no where to be seen either. Hmmmmm......

As far as being bumped off the forum under normal (whatever that is for this place) operating conditions, I get thrown off when using my iPad several times a day. Since that's what is most convenient for me to use it can be very frustrating and especially when I am in the middle of posting pics or responding. Ironically it hardly ever happens when I'm on my iPhone and I obviously am using Safari for both. When using both of my PC laptops I never have and issues and I use the latest version of IE exclusively and am running Windows Ten.

Sounds as though those gremlins are at it again... at least the iPad gremlins!

I was told that I was not authorized to reply to a thread the other day as well. I was puzzled at first, but then realized that the thread had been locked. So just as well as I don't usually want to get involved in controversy do. All of this occurred while on my iPad.

Well, again on my iPad I did post something funny to lighten up a thread earlier today and shortly afterwards I got a notification that there were several responses after mine. Not having the time to read them at that moment I returned a short time later. Not only were the notifications gone, but the thread was no where to be seen either. Hmmmmm......

As far as being bumped off the forum under normal (whatever that is for this place) operating conditions, I get thrown off when using my iPad several times a day. Since that's what is most convenient for me to use it can be very frustrating and especially when I am in the middle of posting pics or responding. Ironically it hardly ever happens when I'm on my iPhone and I obviously am using Safari for both. When using both of my PC laptops I never have and issues and I use the latest version of IE exclusively and am running Windows Ten.

Sounds as though those gremlins are at it again... at least the iPad gremlins!

I was part of that post also...pizza and other

The other was way inappropriate. I'm sure daddy removed.

... the thread was no where to be seen ...

I was part of that post also ... I'm sure daddy removed [it].

I guess...........

Unless something is a potential "hot water" situation for Daddy, don't you think he's more inclined to lock a thread than to delete it? That's been my impression. (There are, after all, other threads--locked, but still accessible--not so different from the one you're talking about.)

It is also an OP's option to delete any one of his own threads, just as it is every poster's option to reconsider and delete one of his/her posts. I don't know, but I'd guess that's what happened here.

Guest countryboywny
Unless something is a potential "hot water" situation for Daddy, don't you think he's more inclined to lock a thread than to delete it? That's been my impression. (There are, after all, other threads--locked, but still accessible--not so different from the one you're talking about.)

It is also an OP's option to delete any one of his own threads, just as it is every poster's option to reconsider and delete one of his/her posts. I don't know, but I'd guess that's what happened here.

Some threads get locked, some just disappear by the hand of the OP, the moderators or Daddy. It's a necessary result when the subject matter is illegal or in some other way seriously offends the mission of the site, in my opinion.

Like it or not, it's Daddy's sandbox and it's his right and duty to edit or delete anything he wants.

I'm glad that thread disappeared altogether. It did no good for anyone. Wish we had a delete/ do-over button in real life.

[uSER=9945]@funguy[/uSER] , changing wifi networks and devices helped my situation last week. For me, Things seem to be back to normal this week, but it was annoying as hell to post something just to realize you were not signed in.

It is funny, but I only have trouble when I am on my iPad. It also does not matter where I am located as I have different WiFi providers and equipment at my two locations. It even acts the same if and when I use cellular data. So it has to be some idiosyncrasy associated with the iPad. Somehow I work around it! Even using Chrome as a browser as opposed to Safari does not solve the issue!

It is funny, but I only have trouble when I am on my iPad. It also does not matter where I am located as I have different WiFi providers and equipment at my two locations. It even acts the same if and when I use cellular data. So it has to be some idiosyncrasy associated with the iPad. Somehow I work around it! Even using Chrome as a browser as opposed to Safari does not solve the issue!
Perhaps someone thinks you have too much time on your hands? Always looking for friendly greeters at Walmart! From the way it sounds, you could be quite friendly!!! WG2

Perhaps someone thinks you have too much time on your hands? Always looking for friendly greeters at Walmart! From the way it sounds, you could be quite friendly!!! WG2

Well Mr. WG2! This is indeed a surprise! Actually I seriously looked into becoming a greeter at Walmart. However, I insisted in my contract that I would not be required to work Black Friday... You know the possibility of being trampled to death thing!

Also, I subsequently discovered that the so called "greeter" is actually the chief security officer for the entire store!!! His job is to scrutinize every one who enters and exits! That would entail way too much responsibility at this stage of the game!!!

Too bad, because I am indeed a very friendly guy... and especially when wielding a flogger! Come to think of it that would help with crowd control on Black Friday, but no! Still too much responsibility!

WG2 - Welcome back my old friend. We missed you and I thought we lost you!

Don't be shy - your posts were always very thoughtful! Especially for WG to work at Walmart now that he is retired. Perhaps he will let me slip in and slip out, unseen.

Yeah! I'm not even hired and you're already trying to get me fired! How in the world am I going to get a guy in and out unseen when you are wearing a shirt that says F U N G U Y on the front with a picture of a mushroom and says S L U T on the back with a picture of a... :eek: Well I won't say! That ain't gonna be easy!

The important thing is that WG2 is back! :cool:

I'm confused. Has something occurred to cause a disturbance in the Force around here?

The forum logo gets revamped.

Daddy's avatar has morphed into Guy Fawkes and he announces his need for a few days away from the place.

There's allusions to a flame war, locked, and disappeared threads as well as great disappointment from Daddy about grandstanding and behind the scenes behaviors.

Perhaps I missed something?

Whatever the situation may be, I hope Daddy gets the rest he needs and feels better soon.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c262/cpapa8162/image.jpg1_zpsp8ap4x5f.jpg

I detect that Guy Fawkes is trying to de-couple his previous identity from the forum, and de-couple the forum from the review site (hence the new logo ). The two things may be unrelated. I hope that Guy Fawkes has not become aware of less than benevolent eyes monitoring the not always polite, or judicious discussions that occur in this corner of the world. I hope too that our sometimes contentious, and sometimes petty interactions do not end up driving him away. We only get to be here because of His efforts ( and those of the moderators). My life would be at a considerable loss if I did not have this place to come to.

Well Mr. WG2! This is indeed a surprise! Actually I seriously looked into becoming a greeter at Walmart. However, I insisted in my contract that I would not be required to work Black Friday... You know the possibility of being trampled to death thing!

Off-topic but please consider another company to work for. Walmart is the devil incarnate.

Off-topic but please consider another company to work for. Walmart is the devil incarnate.

LOL! I just recently retired. That was all tongue in cheek! There ain't no way I'll ever be going back to work again. Ever!!! However, it might be fun working for the devil... The real devil that is!

Archived