Valentine's Day Gift Ideas?

Truereview
This topic is 3044 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ok, so I have my first Valentine's Day date in nearly 10 years. It's a dinner date with someone I met this past December, and we've been getting to know each other since. We've spent days, nights together. I've met the parents and he has met my friends. We are simply dating - taking it slow. He has hinted he has a little gift for me tomorrow night, which has thrown me into a wild loop as to what to get him. Although I consider myself pretty good at being romantic, I tend to overthink things, plus I'm rusty! I've got no game either.

So I need some advice on what to gift on a Vday date! Don't make it too complex cuz I only have today. I'm in LA today so I have lots of shopping options. He is athletic, loves all sports, outdoors enthusiast, loves to travel. He just bought a condo. I say the latter bc I was leaning towards a gift for his home? See...I'm already overthinking! Help!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy him a massage at Burke Williams...That would be two massages, one for you and one for him.

I would suggest the 'Hunters Retreat' first, then followed by deep tissue massage, followed by a steam, followed by a dip in the Jacuzzi, followed by....You get the idea. ;)

FYI...

Hunter’s Retreat

Created by Burke Williams to soothe and replenish not only your body, but your spirit as well, this body treatment is one of life’s truly calming experiences. It begins with the application of an exfoliating granular scrub rhythmically massaged into your skin. Then, you are thoroughly cleansed with wheat stalks soaked in exotic, essential oils. All the while, cascades of warm water immerse your entire body. After being toweled dry, a light moisturizing oil is kneaded into your skin. There’s only one word to describe the feeling: reborn.

Ok, so I have my first Valentine's Day date in nearly 10 years. It's a dinner date with someone I met this past December, and we've been getting to know each other since. We've spent days, nights together. I've met the parents and he has met my friends. We are simply dating - taking it slow. He has hinted he has a little gift for me tomorrow night, which has thrown me into a wild loop as to what to get him. Although I consider myself pretty good at being romantic, I tend to overthink things, plus I'm rusty! I've got no game either.

So I need some advice on what to gift on a Vday date! Don't make it too complex cuz I only have today. I'm in LA today so I have lots of shopping options. He is athletic, loves all sports, outdoors enthusiast, loves to travel. He just bought a condo. I say the latter bc I was leaning towards a gift for his home? See...I'm already overthinking! Help!

One of the most thoughtful early dating VD gifts I ever got was a beautuful bouquet of flowers (non roses) and a wrapped edition of my dates favorite book. Inside he wrote a wonderful note about why he loved the book and why he thought I would love it.

He was right. I love that book and still have it and still read it off and on.

Granted he knew I loved to read so that helped. But if that is something he likes it could be an idea. It's personal without being too personal and forward. Also I suggest a non sappy card. Go for something funny

I'm at the mall! Thank you all...great suggestions here!

• LOVE the massage idea, @bigvalboy, and I think I'm gonna save it for his birthday this year May.
  • The flowers idea is great. I'm leaning towards a single flower to pin on his lapel. Like a boutonniere (spelling?).
  • @jeepo1 ...the book idea is super. Poems are my favorite thing to read, so I could see myself eventually giving him a book of poems. It sorta feels too intimate tho.......lol...I suck the man's dick, but I think the gift of poetry is too intimate? What the hell is wrong with me?
  • @azdr0710, [uSER=12070]@NYClocker[/uSER] & @seaboy4hire , thanks for confirming my hunch. I'm think I'm going to get him a grill - he has been coveting mine and his place has a nice size balcony for cookouts. I will leave it in the car trunk and surprise him when we walk out after dinner? Thoughts? Not sure I wanna walk in with a massive box into the restaurant.
  • @rvwnsd , he loves sweets...maybe I will stash some under my bed for later that night? Too cheesy ? If not too cheesy, Im thinking high end chocolates and edible underwear (in honor of @WmClarke ). ;)
  • Auntie @FreshFluff - my sweetie, wish you were my pocket angel to guide during dinner

Gracias Chicos y Chica...I will report back mañana or Monday. May your Vday bring you some heartwarming thoughts or actions.... TR

Avoid something for the house, you like him not his condo. Traditionally a romantic holiday so the sexy underwear is great but I would go for funny sexy not sexy sexy, since this is the first holiday together. In the underwear package, pick a date and write a small note about a local get away weekend including Hotel Reservations and dinner. So you have the underwear for now and a gift that points to a future together.

A nice scent to complete the gift trio, something for now and the future.

Avoid something for the house, you like him not his condo. Traditionally a romantic holiday so the sexy underwear is great but I would go for funny sexy not sexy sexy, since this is the first holiday together. In the underwear package, pick a date and write a small note about a local get away weekend including Hotel Reservations and dinner. So you have the underwear for now and a gift that points to a future together.

A nice scent to complete the gift trio, something for now and the future.

By the way, Grill is a great housewarming gift not V day.

By the way, Grill is a great housewarming gift not V day.

Great point, PK. Thrank you. I'm back to square 1.

One of the things I like most about him is how much he cherishes his parents, one of whom is not doing so well. What if I get him a photo I have of his parents when we went to the beach? They are holding each other, smiling. They've been together nearly 40 years. I thought it goofy, but I'd like to print the photo, put in a frame, and explain to him that the love his parents have for each other reminds me that Vday can happen every day?

One of the things I like most about him is how much he cherishes his parents, one of whom is not doing so well. What if I get him a photo I have of his parents when we went to the beach? They are holding each other, smiling. They've been together nearly 40 years. I thought it goofy, but I'd like to print the photo, put in a frame, and explain to him that the love his parents have for each other reminds me that Vday can happen every day?

I think this is a great idea. add some chocolates to it to tie in the holiday.

yes poems are a bit too intimate at this stage.

I think it's good and very creative, but I'd add a romantic element that's specific to him . Maybe this is too cliche, but how about nice cufflinks? These are from Tiffany's and they're sold out online, but I'm sure you can get something similar elsewhere. Or you could just give chocolates.

http://media.tiffany.com/is/image/Tiffany/EcomItemL2/paloma-picassolove-kisses-cuff-links-27128084_868174_ED.jpg?defaultImage=NoImageAvailable&&

Archived