Valentine's Day Gift Ideas?

Truereview
This topic is 3036 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think it's good and very creative, but I'd add a romantic element that's specific to him . Maybe this is too cliche, but how about nice cufflinks? These are from Tiffany's and they're sold out online, but I'm sure you can get something similar elsewhere. Or you could just give chocolates.

http://media.tiffany.com/is/image/Tiffany/EcomItemL2/paloma-picassolove-kisses-cuff-links-27128084_868174_ED.jpg?defaultImage=NoImageAvailable&&

I'd take the Tiffanys over chocolates

Hugs,

Greg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANYTHING from Tiffany's is great. Hell, anything in a Tiffany's box is great. I'll have to post, but my house is Tiffany blue.

I think it's good and very creative, but I'd add a romantic element that's specific to him . Maybe this is too cliche, but how about nice cufflinks? These are from Tiffany's and they're sold out online, but I'm sure you can get something similar elsewhere. Or you could just give chocolates.

http://media.tiffany.com/is/image/Tiffany/EcomItemL2/paloma-picassolove-kisses-cuff-links-27128084_868174_ED.jpg?defaultImage=NoImageAvailable&&

I'd take the Tiffanys over chocolates

Hugs,

Greg

Ok, here is the Beverly Center shopping report:

• Silver frame for parents photo - that should score me creativity points
  • Elsa Peretti cufflinks - that's should get me some spoil-my-date points. Thanks Auntie fluff!
  • Godiva chocolates - those should get me sexy-time snack points

I actually saved $ by not getting the grill! So I bought me a Vday gift....sexy underwear & flowers.

Thank you team! :)

Most important V day gift...a nice big smooch and a "you are soooo special to me" unless it is "I love you time" then "I love you. You are so special to me." Of course it helps to have a follow up like: "especially because you are so kind and considerate" " I love you" is great. "You are so special" is great. Specific reasons are the icing on the Valentine's Day cake. Speaking of icing, a nice cupcake with icing smeared strategically and licked off, priceless.

Great point, PK. Thrank you. I'm back to square 1.

One of the things I like most about him is how much he cherishes his parents, one of whom is not doing so well. What if I get him a photo I have of his parents when we went to the beach? They are holding each other, smiling. They've been together nearly 40 years. I thought it goofy, but I'd like to print the photo, put in a frame, and explain to him that the love his parents have for each other reminds me that Vday can happen every day?

I think this is a very thoughtful gift.

Ok, here is the Beverly Center shopping report:

• Silver frame for parents photo - that should score me creativity points
  • Elsa Peretti cufflinks - that's should get me some spoil-my-date points. Thanks Auntie fluff!
  • Godiva chocolates - those should get me sexy-time snack points

I actually saved $ by not getting the grill! So I bought me a Vday gift....sexy underwear & flowers.

Thank you team! :)

That combination sounds fabulous. I hope you and SSM have a great time tonight!.

how did the gifts go over?

Thanks for asking. The evening was a bit magical, awkward, silly, sexy.

• Magical- the frame was a hit. He teared up, stood up and came over the table to plant a kiss. One of his parents is in early stages of Alzheimer's. :(
  • Awkward - he got me cuff links too! For a second I thought we got the exact pair! :eek:
  • Silly - he got me a singing telegram. The guy was so good, other tables wanted to hire him. The performer said he also does nude seranades :p
  • Sexy - I skipped work today. 'Nuff said. ;)

Thank you forum for helping my first Vday date in a while rock!

• Magical- the frame was a hit. He teared up, stood up and came over the table to plant a kiss. One of his parents is in early stages of Alzheimer's. :(
  • Awkward - he got me cuff links too! For a second I thought we got the exact pair! :eek:
  • Silly - he got me a singing telegram. The guy was so good, other tables wanted to hire him. The performer said he also does nude seranades :p

Sounds like a fantastic Valentine's Day!!! So happy for you! :)

Sounds awesome! That would have been cute if it was the same pair of cuff links. Kind of like a gay Gift of the Magi.

Glad to hear it went great!

The singing telegram made me spit my drink out. I didn't even know that was still a thing. What did he sing? That has to be one of the most original things I have heard somebody do in a very long time. I suspect he really likes you to have put that much thought into it as well

I want to hear about this nude serenade. Do you have a link to his info?

Hi TR,

Sorry to chime in so late after the fact all is said and done, but just came across the thread just now.

Maybe getting him some a beautiful bouquet of flowers would be simple, but special for the occasion being a lot of people tend to be very simple when it comes to gift of the heart.

Archived