What Brand Do You Shave With?

Zman
This topic is 3043 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A blade should last several weeks, not several days.

How? When you finish shaving, be sure to dry the blade thoroughly on a towel. A blade's edge does not rapidly dull. But leaving it wet to "air dry" causes the blade to bend or ripple slightly -- enough so that it doesn't work well.

There's a reason it's called a "straight razor" -- it needs to be straight, even if the guy is not. On a recent 3-week trip I had one disposable razor that I used from start to finish. Perfect shave, every time.

Schick disposable razors and RS shave creme. I have a beard and mustache, so there isn't much to shave, and I only do it a couple of times per week. I have never shaved anywhere below my neck, and I am turned off sexually by anyone who does, no matter how superb the body.

Schick disposable razors and RS shave creme. I have a beard and mustache, so there isn't much to shave, and I only do it a couple of times per week. I have never shaved anywhere below my neck, and I am turned off sexually by anyone who does, no matter how superb the body.

Really? Never? Do you at least trim the hedges? ;)

I'm a big fan of the clipped chest hair look. I think it's the best of both worlds.

87c2324a3699dbf2645c3f42a6f78191.jpg

Not sure what I would do if I saw a completely ungroomed 70's style bush. Pick up the hem of my skirt and rush out probably. (Conveniently leaving my glass slipper behind.)

Really? Never? Do you at least trim the hedges? ;)

I'm a big fan of the clipped chest hair look. I think it's the best of both worlds.

87c2324a3699dbf2645c3f42a6f78191.jpg

Not sure what I would do if I saw a completely ungroomed 70's style bush. Pick up the hem of my skirt and rush out probably. (Conveniently leaving my glass slipper behind.)

Maybe I got stuck in the 70s, but I like the completely natural look--manscaping turns me off. However, I might make an exception for the guy in the photo.

Keith's and by far - I use their entire line of products and though quite pricey at times their quality is consistently excellent!

I've used Lab Series since it was introduced, but I am liking Kiehl's shaving cream better these days. Just received a sample of their moisturizer. We shall see if I like it better than Lab Series, which is the best one for y skin (so far).

I really like Jack Black's after-shave balm. And I really love Aveda soap. Aveda's rosemary-mint shampoo is nice too. My only personal grooming indulgences. Going to buy them is even fun. I buy the after-shave balm at Sephora and it's fun to go in there a couple of times a year when I need a new bottle. And a trip to the Aveda store is always nice too.

A few weeks ago, a friend came to visit, and as host gifts, she brought my partner and I both a bottle of toilet water. Both bottles were really nice, expensive designer brands. We're both gay men in San Francisco, of a certain age, for whom any kind of fragrance is anathema, so we wondered what we were going to do with them. While she was here, we put them on a couple times when we went out, to humor her. The thing is, the fragrances are so rich and so complex that they are sort of fun to put on. We found that if we sprayed them on directly, they were too strong, but if we sprayed them into the air and walked through the mist, the effect was really subtle. We have only used them a few times, but it is enjoyable to be able to use them if we feel like it.

Archived