Quick advice needed: first class problem

Truereview
This topic is 3090 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks to upgrades and what have you, I'm now sitting in first class on ~5 hour flight from MIA to LAX. here is my dilemma: I'm sitting next to a stunning guy. Blond, under 6 foot, lean but nice pecs/thighs/arms. Well coiffed and dressed. Nice face. Definitely my type. He smiled, said happy holidays, and commented on my bag. I said thanks and proceeded to put my earphones on. I'm extremely shy in person unless I'm amongst friends. Things just got complicated...he just tapped me on the shoulder and asked what I'm listening to - say what?! Seems he is a bit inebriated and has asked for a glass of white wine.

I'm single and unencumbered Yes, I already checked, and no, there is no wedding band. He is cute, I'm attracted. I hate chit-chat, I'm actually a pretty serious, at times, brooding kinda guy In my personal life.

Help me make the right moves ...thoughts?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Live blogging a potential Mile High rendezvous from the First Class Lounge - j'adore!

OK - he's asked what you're listening to, take out the headphones all together, tell him, ask if he knows/likes/is familiar/etc.. He's ordered wine? Why not join him in a glass. May help you with the chit-chat to relax a bit (ps: I don't know anyone who actually likes chit-chat - but it is how one finds something more concrete to discuss). Find out if he's going home for the holidays - let him know you're on vacation (i.e.; will be alone, in a hotel thus could host) and see what his reaction is.

I had a similar experience many years ago when I was more musclebear than bear, and more blond than s+p, at JFK heading to London. Worked out well.

Keep us posted, TR!

HoHoHo,

BBD

LOL...TR...you are wonderful.

Ask him if LA is where he calls home. If yes, ask if there is family there and whether or not he is meeting someone special for the holidays. You could just jokingly mention that whomever she is, she will be glad to see him. That will let you know if there is a GF...If not, maybe suggest a quick drink later...BUT do something. Don't just sit there man.

Bless you guys. Flight sitting on runway delayed. Fortunately I'm on window seat so I can point my iPad just so that he can't see. He is using the loo now. @Kenny, you are a doll...used your lines on what upto in LA & how long. He is buying a place in sta Monica, will be there to see family and stay a month.

@BtmBearDad & @latbear4blk , I asked for a vodka...straight up. Gonna go for second. @bigvalboy ...great idea on the "she" comment...that will open up things. @jawjateck, I'm just taking my cues from @Yankee !

Will log on when in flight...pls keep ideas coming in case I lose my nerve or I hit a mental block.

@Truereview - you can always play the rube you know - in town, relying on friends, not sure where to go, what to do, and ask for recommendations - where do you go out for a fun night Mr Handsome Seatmate?

If that ship has sailed tho (i.e.; you've told him you're familiar with LA and all) you can still ask for recommendations on where HE goes for a fun night out and follow up with "any plans to hit the place later?" see what he says. I say def make it clear - but not desperate - that you'll be on your own in a big hotel room, at loose ends and looking for something (someone!) to do. He can pick up on that thread hopefully and then see where it goes.

Keep the vodkas coming - they will keep you calm and give you Dutch courage to potentially land this handsome property buying seatmate!

Good Luck and Keep Us Posted!

BBD

When he sits down, get up from your window seat and "scoot" past him with you cock

facing him. Lose your "balance" just a little. Grab overhead to hold yourself in position

for a few seconds to "steady yourself".

If you've done the maneuver correctly, you are now spread eagle in front of him. Now look straight

down and into his eyes. If he looks up and grins, even just a little...you're home free. If he doesn't

notice at all ...don't waste your time....he's either a hetero or not even slightly interested.

All you subtle and coy fuckers can suck it....I say get to the point.

It's the Gay Airplane equivalent of the "Bend and Snap":

When he sits down, get up from your window seat and "scoot" past him with you cock

facing him. Lose your "balance" just a little. Grab overhead to hold yourself in position

for a few seconds to "steady yourself".

If you've done the maneuver correctly, you are now spread eagle in front of him. Now look straight

down and into his eyes. If he looks up and grins, even just a little...you're home free. If he doesn't

notice at all ...don't waste your time....he's either a hetero or not even slightly interested.

I like this piece of advice. Just make sure your cock is hard before making the move.

Normally I'd agree with you, nycman - but when stuck in confined quarters with someone for 5 hours (like being seatmates on a transcontinental flight), subtlety can work and also helps avoid potential awkwardness if the fellow take umbrage at the direct approach.

Cheers,

BBD

Put it this way, if he is in any way interested, you absolutely don't need to go that far (gesturing your crotch in front of him) to get a positive response from him. However, if he is either straight or has absolutely no interest, doing so you would be making a fool of yourself and making the next 4 hours very very long...

interested in you BtmBearDad

Alas, not I, @Frequentflier - it is our own @Truereview who we're all anxiously following via his live blogging on his interactions with said stunning, blond, moneyed, property buying seatmate.

The only thing interested in me tonight is a bottle of whiskey...sigh...or is that the only thing I'm interested in? Ah well - six of one, half dozen of the other.

HoHoHo,

BBD

This is hysterical. You guys are like genies or Angels/Devils in my head. Update: he is single, gay, 39 (2 yrs older!!) and he is a partner at at a rival consulting firm. Altho I wish I had the gumption to act like @nycman, I heeded the the advice of @BtmBearDad and @JohnGerman. I was able to swap music interests including my new holiday song ...Julie London! Bless you @WilliamM and @MrMiniver ! I just bought a place in Los Feliz so that was a good talk. He is in the bathroom again - hope he is not doing Coke. :( I'm On vodka #3.

Thank you guys; Ii woulda never had the courage to do something like this. I woulda gone into my cocoon . I have his cell #. He is coming over for my annual 26 charity shopping spree!

Gonna follow frequentfliers advice. THANK YOU!!!

Archived