Grad School

ChrisWydeman
This topic is 3078 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

my undergrad math teacher in college pretty much was doing the teaching to pick up on the hot female students.. The ones who came to class wearing shirts 2x to small and skirts that could be called belts.. and sat in the front row. I don't blame them he had that frat jock super stud look. :p

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. TAs may have taught freshman English. But I passed out of those classes, and I had a professor for sophomore English.

My grad school professors were more enthusiastic when discussing their subject though. So all was not lost. And one on one if working with them for research, many were quite pleasant.

Good Luck, Chris!!

For the most part, graduate school is a choice only the most dedicated make and as a result, your fellow students should add a sense of gravitas to your studies, even should it be that your professor is a bit of a dud.

Congrats Tigger. You passed out of freshman English. I on the other hand, passed out in freshman English. Well really just slept off a hangover but the passed out deal was my story and I am sticking with it.

As far as working in the field of chemical dependency, I found that many CD programs are still geared to the old “take no prisoners” 12-Step approach which is usually very confrontational – an approach that I found, for the most part, to be shame-based and not very effective (for most folks). Programs that use Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, CBT, and positive reinforcement are more to my liking.

/QUOTE]

!

I did not know that cock /ball torture was used for drug dependence. Probably effective, so I guess it makes sense.

I can tell you that they are only of value if they are filled out by every student in the class, at least half way through the semester but before final grades, and the only questions that are likely to reveal consistent results are those that are extremely objective and factual (i.e., "Did the professor provide a written syllabus during the first week of class?")

I normally give a detailed syllabus before the first class with the assignments for every class throughout the semester. One semester, on my evaluations, on the question whether the professor gave a syllabus, 21 students answered "yes" and 2 answered "no." That's why I am skeptical about evaluations (among other reasons.)

I normally give a detailed syllabus before the first class with the assignments for every class throughout the semester. One semester, on my evaluations, on the question whether the professor gave a syllabus, 21 students answered "yes" and 2 answered "no." That's why I am skeptical about evaluations (among other reasons.)

I don't know why this would make you skeptical. If 21 students said yes and only 2 said no, it simply means that only two students didn't remember correctly, or didn't understand what a syllabus is. That small a discrepancy is not bad on a survey of factual observation (ask anyone who questions witnesses to a crime).

Archived