SteveGrand

gp0560
This topic is 2775 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not generally a fan of country, but I love Steve Grand's music. Wayne and I saw him at Urban Mo's in San Diego this past Saturday. We'd seen him there two years ago as well. It was a great show, and on the way home, we put the top down and blasted his CD while singing along. Perfect end to an awesome evening. :)

Rob

As I may have said before, I would gladly let my arm be chewed off by a rabid raccoon if I could have a night with this gorgeous man... If this guy doesn't turn you on, there is something seriously wrong with you...

steve-grand.jpg

5c67bf3b04e44cc55cb28cb32518bed6.jpg

http://geeklyrocks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Steve-Grand-21.jpg

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/branfordseven.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/5/ed/5ed17e7c-a95a-11e3-b7d0-001a4bcf6878/531f6fe16f785.image.jpg

His music doesn't appeal to me, but he looks good with few clothes on. What I find annoying is that he has marketed himself by using his sex appeal and then occasionally expresses irritation that people are commenting on his looks and not his talent. I say that if he wants to be noticed for his talent first and looks second then he shouldn't put so much effort into marketing himself as a sex object.

His music doesn't appeal to me, but he looks good with few clothes on. What I find annoying is that he has marketed himself by using his sex appeal and then occasionally expresses irritation that people are commenting on his looks and not his talent. I say that if he wants to be noticed for his talent first and looks second then he shouldn't put so much effort into marketing himself as a sex object.

Oh, for God's sake. Singers have been using their sex appeal to sell it for decades. Ever hear of Madonna or Lady Gaga?

http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2015/02/GagaOscar.jpg

70f5a87ea1df47b86dbc2caf57fb9109.jpg

Sounds like someone's just jealous of a man who has everything you wished you had. I feel a song coming on....

Yes, but the difference is that the women you cited haven't gone running to the media to complain about being objectified. They understand that, in part, their success comes from using their sex appeal. I don't know why Steve Grand seems to have such a difficult time accepting this, but perhaps it has more to do with his sex appeal not really translating into music sales. The music business is much tougher today given that many people steal rather than buy music, but selling only 10,000 copies during the first week of sales is an indication that Grand hasn't managed to capture much of an audience.

Yes, but the difference is that the women you cited haven't gone running to the media to complain about being objectified.

You may be right, but I've missed the times when he's complained. I only saw that he he complained that someone accused him of not being sufficiently clothed, and he felt it was all right. But I agree that if he's been whining about being objectified all the while showing his assets, then that's quite silly.

I haven't seen any instances of Steve Grand whining about being objectified, but here's a cute clip that spoofs his desire to be taken seriously as a musician, because all the gays care about is seeing him in various states of undress ...

PS: In case you're wondering, yes, he does take his shirt off in the clip. Yeah, might be worth you're while.

• 1 year later...
Although I don't dislike his music, I don't particularly like it, either. I favor music that has more complex lyrics as well as electronica, jazz, and "chill." Nonetheless, he has a smokin' body.

There really ought to be a law. One shouldn't be allowed to be that cute, that in shape, and, unless they are using trickery, that endowed. It's not really fair to schlubs like me.:confused::(:mad:

Gman

Archived