For the Tattoo-o-phobic Amongst Us....

instudiocity
This topic is 2016 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There was a local tattoo parlor here which has been sited by the Board of Health after numerous reports of MRSA skin infections. There area cleanliness standards which are set to try to limit such diseases and state regulation is the only real method of enforcing those standards, though clearly some facilities are failing to do so.

There was a local tattoo parlor here which has been sited by the Board of Health after numerous reports of MRSA skin infections. There area cleanliness standards which are set to try to limit such diseases and state regulation is the only real method of enforcing those standards, though clearly some facilities are failing to do so.

I think my confusion has to do with the lack of licensing for artists and no central professional group enforcing standards, though tattoo parlors are supposed to comply with health mandates.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

DEAR ABBY: My daughter recently celebrated her 20th birthday. She's a good kid with a decent job who happens to like tattoos.

For her birthday, my in-laws sent her a birthday card. Usually their card includes a gift card, check or cash. This year, there was no gift but a note stating that they were not sending money as they felt she would use it toward more tattoos.

I understand their beliefs may be different, but their approach to the situation was not nice. When she read their note, my daughter broke down and cried. My question is: Should I ignore their rudeness and ignorance, or should I (or my husband) call them and stick up for our daughter? — TRYING TO BE NONJUDGMENTAL

DEAR TRYING: I don't think what happened should be ignored. What your in-laws did was uncalled for, and the person who should tell them that is your daughter because she's an adult. If they were really concerned that she would spend their gift money on a tattoo, they could have sent her a tangible gift — an item of clothing or a gift card from a specific retailer. Shame on them.

DEAR ABBY: My daughter recently celebrated her 20th birthday. She's a good kid with a decent job who happens to like tattoos.

For her birthday, my in-laws sent her a birthday card. Usually their card includes a gift card, check or cash. This year, there was no gift but a note stating that they were not sending money as they felt she would use it toward more tattoos.

I understand their beliefs may be different, but their approach to the situation was not nice. When she read their note, my daughter broke down and cried. My question is: Should I ignore their rudeness and ignorance, or should I (or my husband) call them and stick up for our daughter? — TRYING TO BE NONJUDGMENTAL

DEAR TRYING: I don't think what happened should be ignored. What your in-laws did was uncalled for, and the person who should tell them that is your daughter because she's an adult. If they were really concerned that she would spend their gift money on a tattoo, they could have sent her a tangible gift — an item of clothing or a gift card from a specific retailer. Shame on them.

I say "GOOD FOR THE IN-LAWS!!!"