Lucky has left the building

Charlie
This topic is 4182 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Lucky has indeed been permanently banned from the site. He says that he wants to move on and has no desire to return. He asked me to thank all those who have supported him over the years. As of this post, his profile was still accessible, for those who want to know more about his contributions to the site, though I suspect it will soon be removed, since his name has already disappeared from "Community." His 13,000+ posts will undoubtedly remain, for anyone who has the stamina to read them.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sayonara Brother....

For me it is a sad day and a loss for this forum. He was often insightful, witty, thought provoking and a valuable contributor to all areas of the forum. Politics aside, he is one of those people that I trusted completely, and often when advice was given, I took him at his word. One need only to meet him to realize the depth of his character. Sayonara brother, and safe travels where ever you decide to hang your hat.

Maybe this has been discussed but why would someone who has written 13000 posts be banned from a site?
it is not the first time he has left though perhaps it will be the last time. I believe it is a case of the immovable object and the unstoppable force. Who knows?

Why was he banned???

Lucky has indeed been permanently banned from the site. He says that he wants to move on and has no desire to return. He asked me to thank all those who have supported him over the years. As of this post, his profile was still accessible, for those who want to know more about his contributions to the site, though I suspect it will soon be removed, since his name has already disappeared from "Community." His 13,000+ posts will undoubtedly remain, for anyone who has the stamina to read them.

I for one will miss Lucky. Even when I disagreed with something he posted, I always enjoyed them. Charlie, please pass on my good wishes to Lucky.... sorry to see anyone with 13,000 contributions to this site be permanently banned. This is Daddy's sandbox, and we play in it at his invitation, but never the less, I am sorry to see Lucky gone.

DD

lucky like everyone else here has the same chance to make things right when they screw up. why its so hard for folks to understand there are rules here that must be followed is beyond me

you break the rules, you get in trouble. it's about time folks are scolded for their bad behavior. I want a board that's run well rather than one flame war after another

I thank the owner and the management for keeping this place clean and tidy

SAD SAD SAD. A loyal Forum member is permanently off the Forum because he didn't "apologize". For What? While I didn't always agree with his views on certain topics, I respected him for his intelligence and expertise in certain areas.

Boston Bill

I shall miss Lucky very much as a person, and as my prime reason for posting in the theater/books/opera section ('Comedy and Tragedy').

With 13,000 posts since 2000, Lucky come closest to being the person whom you can not replace on this site. I hope that in time Lucky and Daddy can mend fences (even if Lucky never returns here). The hardest part is not understanding what happened...with all due respect, 'clean and tidy' are just words in a void to me.

As many have already said, this is not the first time that Lucky has declared it quits, so it quite possible he'll turn up again. The forum is a very alluring and enticing site for guys like Lucky who have much to say and an opinion about everything.

I've met Lucky a few times. He's a OK guy. We weren't destined to have a close relationship. His past escapades on the forum indicated that he had a short fuse. He tended to blow up more than calm down. He always seems to be complaining about something. The cost of a theater ticket, the cost of hotel rooms, his mileage account, lack of direct flights etc.. he was an older guy who was trapped by the economy but why he chooses to live in Palm Springs is beyond my understaning given CA high taxes and his economic sitruation. (I imagine getting those bullet holes out of the garage door is very expensive!!) LOL) I for one chose long ago to read his post with a bemused smile. I wasn't going to be trapped in his drama.

If this is indeed the final goodbye, well, I wish him well.

ED

you break the rules, you get in trouble. it's about time folks are scolded for their bad behavior. I want a board that's run well rather than one flame war after another

I thank the owner and the management for keeping this place clean and tidy

+1

Kevin Slater

Make that +2, please.

This, to me, is the far more important inquiry. I'd like to know what kinds of behavior to avoid. The link posted earlier to the other thread told me nothing, as it said something about some bad software Lucky installed and then there were messages saying he'd been timed out that seemingly had nothing to do with his computer problem. Very confusing, IMHO.

What rule did Lucky break?

http://www.talesfromanexpat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/graveyard.jpg

Clean and tidy...yep.

If you're so inclined, why not put your money where you mouth is and leave too. just ask daddy or the mods to deactivate your handle if you feel this place has turned into a cemetary

easier to pipe in with a smartass comment than actually walk that walk, no?

This thread is the only one that I feel compelled to post again about.

I no longer post here because of all the hateful, caustic, toxic postings that some people seem to live for here. I will not post here again, but I still read once in a blue moon, and it is good to see the management finally cleaning up the place...long, long over due IMHO

What rule did Lucky break?

This, to me, is the far more important inquiry. I'd like to know what kinds of behavior to avoid. The link posted earlier to the other thread told me nothing, as it said something about some bad software Lucky installed and then there were messages saying he'd been timed out that seemingly had nothing to do with his computer problem. Very confusing, IMHO.

Only the powers that be can definitively answer the question of what rule Lucky broke and what he didn't apologize for, and while there may be other issues behind the scene we aren't aware of, by looking at Lucky's recent posts it is quite possible it relates to this (hopefully I get the link correct): http://www.companyofmen.org/showthread.php?90791-Today-s-Time-Outs&p=835090#post835090

If it was this post by Lucky, I assume it is a violation of the TOS as it was felt to be an attack against another member (see TOS for details of what this means). Plus it didn't help that he actually asked for a time-out.

I personally am disappointed that it had to come to this. Time will tell how his departure (and the apparent recent departure of others) will ultimately impact the overall board.

by looking at Lucky's recent posts it is quite possible it relates to this (hopefully I get the link correct): http://www.companyofmen.org/showthr...090#post835090

I doubt it's this, jgoo. That post was made last week and Lucky posted several times since. He was working his way out bit by bit. Nobody should be blamed. Sometimes, it suffice to step back and look at the bigger picture ...

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1259/bulln.jpg

I doubt it's this, jgoo. That post was made last week and Lucky posted several times since. He was working his way out bit by bit. Nobody should be blamed. Sometimes, it suffice to step back and look at the bigger picture ...

Perhaps not, but that is the closest thing that makes sense looking at his posts over the last week. The delay from the referenced post to the time-out may have related to Daddy giving Lucky a chance to apologize (I believe Daddy indicated that part of the issue was Lucky's failure to apologize).

And I agree we shouldn't play the blame game. However, I do think it is useful to the rest of us to know the context of why someone was timed-out so we can fully understand and appreciate where the lines are so we don't cross them.

Archived