How Many....

ErieBear
This topic is 4563 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My type of gay flick...

I didn't have the patience to view all 50... but I doubt what I have referenced below was on the list. However, in my estimation the quintessentially gay movie is exemplified by the following genre... enough muscle and even a bit of S&M to satisfy in a positively dissolute and lustful manner... At any rate, they just don't make 'em like this any more...

[video=youtube;DHotmvCT-NA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHotmvCT-NA

To answer the original question... I estimate about a half dozen based on what I was able to check out... and most of them did not seem especially "gay" at the time.

I didn't have the patience to view all 50... but I doubt what I have referenced below was on the list. However, in my estimation the quintessentially gay movie is exemplified by the following genre... enough muscle and even a bit of S&M to satisfy in a positively dissolute and lustful manner... At any rate, they just don't make 'em like this any more...

[video=youtube;DHotmvCT-NA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHotmvCT-NA

To answer the original question... I estimate about a half dozen based on what I was able to check out... and most of them did not seem especially "gay" at the time.

"Those were the days my friends we thought they'd never end"! Sadly they did! It's a shame that the Prints of these Movies went downhill real fast...

Thanks Whip for a look back at 2 Hot 50's-60's Hunks...when Beefcake Hunkiness didn't really exist much ;)

Agree that some of the choices are bizarre. "Tootsie" is an essential gay film? Really?!?!?!

I totally agree. When I was a kid my parents took me to see "Tootsie" in a movie theater. That was many years ago and I remember it as a comedy.

In the same spirit in what a more recent movie I saw "Mean Girls" is an essential gay film?? Very bizarre indeed.

"Torch Song Trilogy" would be an essential gay film in my eyes.

"Those were the days my friends we thought they'd never end"! Sadly they did! It's a shame that the Prints of these Movies went downhill real fast...

Thanks Whip for a look back at 2 Hot 50's-60's Hunks...when Beefcake Hunkiness didn't really exist much ;)

Yes! The days of Hercules followed by the Son's of Hercules! Unfortunately, we never got to experience the Grandson's and Great Grandson's of Hercules! ;)

Agree that some of the choices are bizarre. "Tootsie" is an essential gay film? Really?!?!?!

I guess it would be an essential film for the devotees of Drag? But where the idea comes from that if you like GUYS you also like Drag Queens ever came from I will never know?

I realized years ago IF I wanted to be with a Woman I sure wouldn't be standing in an audience watching a man lip synch dressed as a woman! That got old real fast around 1982!

I Vote for "Magic Mike"! L O L

Yes! The days of Hercules followed by the Son's of Hercules! Unfortunately, we never got to experience the Grandson's and Great Grandson's of Hercules! ;)

Well we did get "Young Hercules" with Ryan Gosseling a short lived BUT Leather clad nice butt teenage Actor on tv years ago!

I'll see your "Tootsie" and raise you a "Shaft". ;)

"Shaft" probably made the list because of the title.

"Torch Song Trilogy" would be an essential gay film in my eyes.

Yes. Or "Making Love" (Harry Hamlin in his prime!) should be on the list.

Just an odd collection all around.

Mean Girls? Clueless? Teen Witch? Is this a gay film list or a teen girl film list? I'm a man, not a teenage girl. And I didn't look through the entire list, but was Gods and Monsters or Trick on the list? If not, I cry foul. No, I just cry, period. (Uh oh, I guess I am a teenage girl, after all.) Whatever. :p

P.S. Now I need to see Shaft. I didn't know you get to see the shaft grow!

Archived