Election Day Question - BE HONEST

ValleyDwellerNorth
This topic is 7891 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hello Fellow Male 4 Malers,

I know this question will make people angry BUT I only did it once for the first time today. I am HUMAN! Have you ever voted for a candidate based on looks alone?

Today I did for the first time. There is a new candidate in town and I know he will do a better job than the incumbent. However, I basically voted on looks. If I had to look at the incumbent any longer on local TV and in local newspapers I would go mad. He has been around a long time. He is not an ugly fellow but this new candidate is very ..... well, he is very.

ME: Shallow? Yes. Wrong? Certainly.

With that said, who else did this?

V D N

}>

----------

"Beware of the the devil my child in the dark rocky places he'll keep. Beware of the devil my child. Beware of his charming ways. You'll fall under a spell just looking at his beautiful face. You gotta build yourself a levee deep inside."

~ Natalie Merchant ~

----------

Hello Rick!

He is a Democrat. I do have some control ... lol.

V D N

>Hmmm...Is the guy you voted for Democrat or Scary...I mean

>Republican? :p

----------

"Beware of the the devil my child in the dark rocky places he'll keep. Beware of the devil my child. Beware of his charming ways. You'll fall under a spell just looking at his beautiful face. You gotta build yourself a levee deep inside."

~ Natalie Merchant ~

----------

Rick,

>OK, then you are forgiven for your shallowness.

>Nice sexy new avatar, by the way. Full steam ahead. :9

Thank you. LOL - I honestly did not pick it with any sexual thought in mind. Maybe my unconscious picked it?

My train would love to pull into your .... station anytime!!

V D N

----------

~ Natalie Merchant ~

----------

VDN - You admit in your first post in the thread that you know he'll do a better job than the incumbent. So, why be so hard on yourself? You didn't really pick him on looks alone, you just like teasing that you did. BTW, got a picture of this prince among men? (I hope he wins.)

Hello Bilbo!,

>VDN - You admit in your first post in the thread that you

>know he'll do a better job than the incumbent. So, why be so

>hard on yourself? You didn't really pick him on looks alone,

>you just like teasing that you did. BTW, got a picture of

>this prince among men? (I hope he wins.)

Well, when I went into the voting booth I knew damn well I was voting on someone I would hope to see a lot more of! I want to see if I can find a pic online and then I will share.

V D N

----------

~ Natalie Merchant ~

----------

RE: honesty is the best policy

Perhaps I'm just plain nosier and bossier. The only reason I don't vote in an election is if someone is running unopposed. Although I do admit that I often vote party lines (except where I know that the local gay pac is disagreeing with them), but .... I do not hit the little button that says that! If I had done that this time I would have missed a couple of races where there were no Democrats running but the Republican was up against Greens or Libertarians.

Guest Bitchboy

Two of the hunkiest men in Republican politics are J.C. Watts and Steve Largent. I wouldn't vote for either of them if they were giving away blow jobs.}>

Guest Kenny021

You're a fuckin idiot!. However, feel safe in knowing that a great number of people vote for a candidate based on such factors as whether they like the wife's hairdo, whether the candidate has a nice smile and other stupid idiotic reasons. Do you think they voted for Bush because they thought he was the more intelligent,smart candidate? They voted AGAINST Gore because they didn't like the way he appeared during the debates. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Because of people like you, our country is now FUCKED FOR AT LEAST THE NEXT TWO YEARS.

Guest Bitchboy

>You're a fuckin idiot!. However, feel safe in knowing that

>a great number of people vote for a candidate based on such

>factors as whether they like the wife's hairdo, whether the

>candidate has a nice smile and other stupid idiotic reasons.

> Do you think they voted for Bush because they thought he

>was the more intelligent,smart candidate? They voted

>AGAINST Gore because they didn't like the way he appeared

>during the debates. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

>Because of people like you, our country is now FUCKED FOR AT

>LEAST THE NEXT TWO YEARS.

If you're referring to my post, I suggest you read again. And get your hate out now, and if you have to direct it to me, I can take it. We've got a lot of work to do, so get ready.

>>Because of people like you, our country is now FUCKED FOR AT LEAST THE NEXT TWO YEARS.<<

Our country, or your life? I'm not all that upset by the Republicans taking control of the legilature. Oh, of course I am an entrepreneur which may make my view of things a bit different.

Kenny,

>You're a fuckin idiot!. However, feel safe in knowing that

Fucking is spelled with an "ing" and not an "in.

>a great number of people vote for a candidate based on such

>factors as whether they like the wife's hairdo, whether the

>candidate has a nice smile and other stupid idiotic reasons.

> Do you think they voted for Bush because they thought he

>was the more intelligent,smart candidate? They voted

>AGAINST Gore because they didn't like the way he appeared

>during the debates. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

>Because of people like you, our country is now FUCKED FOR AT

>LEAST THE NEXT TWO YEARS.

I am very serious when I go vote. I wasn't clear in that the vote I was casting was a very small, local election. Does that make it right that I voted for the hottie? No. However, it does not make me a fucking idiot. My town sheriff, I feel, won't effect you (unless you live in my town and you are a law breaking ass). And this country in fucked up for the next two years because the Democrats that were elected did not do a good enough job to persuade the majority to relect them. Take your anger and work on a campaign.

V D N x(

RE: Voting on looks...

Well V. D. N.,

Did your "handsome"candidate win? If so, perhaps now's the time to get acquainted. :9 Send him a congratulatory note and see if you can schedule an appointment to ask him some questions on "personal issues"!

I think your "very interesting" question on voting for a candidate goes well beyond looks. I've often wondered how many people vote FOR a candidate because of race, creed, color, or sexual orientation. In the recent NY elections, it was quite obvious that some candidates were appealing to a select group...But my point takes a turn when you think of how many people vote AGAINST a candidate because of his/her race, creed, gender, color, or sexual orientation...Look how long it took to get a Catholic elected president, or a women to run for VP...In some cases we've seen change, but I'm still waiting for the day when I can vote for a candidate in NEW YORK who's willing to admit he's (she's) GAY! and get ELECTED. Voters in Mass. seem to have taken the lead in getting a diverse group of candidates elected. Good going Patriots!

As for me, I read up on each candidate (trying not to look at a picture) and see which one best represents my political views.

V.D.N...Let me join Rick in saying that I enjoy looking at your "locomotive"...Hope that train can bring you a speedy and safe trip (SOON) to NYC. The Gaiety and I await you! :p

RE: Voting on looks...

My Dearest Cooper,

>Did your "handsome"candidate win? If so, perhaps now's the

He lost big time. However, I will enjoy his web site while it is still up. I should make it a point to work on his campaign the next time he runs.

>I think your "very interesting" question on voting for a

>candidate goes well beyond looks. I've often wondered how

>many people vote FOR a candidate because of race, creed,

>color, or sexual orientation. In the recent NY elections, it

EXCELLENT point as so many people seem to think they have to get "one of their own" in. Well, I consider "one of my own" to be any candidate that makes sure he or she is doing a good job for me if they received my vote.

>As for me, I read up on each candidate (trying not to look

>at a picture) and see which one best represents my political

>views.

I use to vote strictly down party lines. However, over the past few years I have found that what use to be conservative is now moderate and what use to be moderate is now quite liberal. As a registered Democrat there are some Republicans I feel good voting for.

>V.D.N...Let me join Rick in saying that I enjoy looking at

>your "locomotive"...Hope that train can bring you a speedy

>and safe trip (SOON) to NYC. The Gaiety and I await you! :p

THANK YOU! I am SO looking forward to getting on the train and coming to NYC this weekend for sure!

THANKS Cooper!

:*

V D N

Archived