Anyone have exciting plans for Judgement Day?

rossthebosssf
This topic is 4596 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This time, I think he means HIS days are nearing the end.

When we last heard from Harold Camping, the Family Radio broadcaster was conceding he'd been wrong about The Rapture beginning on May 21 — a prediction that had some folks selling their worldly possessions and traveling the nation to warn that the end was coming soon.

Marcio Jose Sanchez/AP

Harold Camping speaks during a taping of his show Open Forum in Oakland, Calif., on May 23, 2011.

His calculations had been off, Camping said, and it was looking to him like things would really get going (or start stopping?) on Oct. 21.

That's next Friday.

Now Camping, who says he's recovering slowly from a stroke he suffered in June, has posted a new audio message. He's sounding a little less than definite, but still convinced that the end is coming soon. And he's also predicting it will all sort of happen with a whimper, not a bang.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/10/15/141361159/rapture-prophet-camping-world-will-probably-end-quietly-next-friday

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doomsday

Yeah...I couldn't believe he put the doomsday date in THIS year ! Come on now! With the way he operates, he should've made it 2 years out and then collected all that much more money!

gc

This time, I think he means HIS days are nearing the end.

When we last heard from Harold Camping, the Family Radio broadcaster was conceding he'd been wrong about The Rapture beginning on May 21 — a prediction that had some folks selling their worldly possessions and traveling the nation to warn that the end was coming soon.

Marcio Jose Sanchez/AP

Harold Camping speaks during a taping of his show Open Forum in Oakland, Calif., on May 23, 2011.

His calculations had been off, Camping said, and it was looking to him like things would really get going (or start stopping?) on Oct. 21.

That's next Friday.

Now Camping, who says he's recovering slowly from a stroke he suffered in June, has posted a new audio message. He's sounding a little less than definite, but still convinced that the end is coming soon. And he's also predicting it will all sort of happen with a whimper, not a bang.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/10/15/141361159/rapture-prophet-camping-world-will-probably-end-quietly-next-friday

Gosh, I'm only reading this now and it's after 9 pm. I'm making this (what I hope will be) incredible dish involving cod fish, potatoes, onions, diced tomatoes, white wine, various spices, cannellini beans and polenta. I'm patterning it after the wonderful Tuscan cod dish I had at the Heavenly Cafe in P-town this summer. If this is to be the last supper, I guess this is as good a meal as I'm likely to get today. But I do hope the rapture can hold off until after we've had dessert - I think I want my last taste of food to be some sort of chocolate and I made brownies yesterday.

Archived