Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not believe there is such a thing anymore.

Well, they may not have a 99 cent menu any more, but pretty close. They do have a $1 menu...

http://money.com/money/5085896/mcdonalds-dollar-menu/

Although I never go to McDonald's, I do confess to going to Taco Bell every once in a while and have eaten from their $1 menu, namely chicken quesadillas and tostadas...

https://www.tacobell.com/food/cravings-value-menu

Well, they may not have a 99 cent menu any more, but pretty close. They do have a $1 menu...

http://money.com/money/5085896/mcdonalds-dollar-menu/

Although I never go to McDonald's, I do confess to going to Taco Bell every once in a while and have eaten from their $1 menu, namely chicken quesadillas and tostadas...

https://www.tacobell.com/food/cravings-value-menu

The chicken quesadillas and hard-shell tacos are quite tasty once in a while.

Chicken Quesadilla - RDA is 2000 Calories a day:

Calories 510

Saturated fat 12 grams - 60% of the Daily RDA Value

Sodium 1210mg - 50% of the Daily RDA Value

Yeah, NO THANKS. In my 60's now and my RDA should be around 1500 calories per day, so the 60% becomes 80% of my daily intake of fat all in ONE quesadilla! And the Sodium? 66% of my RDA.

Calories 510

Yeah, NO THANKS. In my 60's now and my RDA should be around 1500 calories per day, so the 60% becomes 80% of my daily intake of fat all in ONE quesadilla! And the Sodium? 66% of my RDA.

So you're telling me I gotta eat two to hit my targets?

Kevin Slater

Calories 510

Well, not quite. The one from the dollar value menu has the following nutritional information:

Shredded Chicken Mini Quesadilla

Mini Quesadilla.

Calories from Fat 90. Calories 200.

15% Total Fat 10g.

18% Saturated Fat 3.5g.

13% Cholesterol 40mg.

20% Sodium 490mg.

5% Total Carbohydrates 15g.

4% Dietary Fiber 1g.

Although the evils of sodium are frequently touted, there is actually little evidence that it's harmful for people who don't have hypertension, kidney problems, or heart problems (granted, this is a large number of people). So far so good with my blood pressure, it seems to hover around 120/75. I probably inherited that from my mother, who never had high blood pressure in her 89 year life. If the kidneys are able to get rid of it with adequate fluid intake, they know how to get rid of excessive sodium. I'm in a longitudinal cohort study which has been going on since the early 80s, when AIDS was first recognized and they didn't know what caused it (I remember when some thought it was from poppers, although I always suspected it was an infection). They still follow the 1500 of us to compare the health of those with HIV to those without, and one of the nurses told me I have the best BP of the group. I absolutely love sodium. My body craves it--probably more than anything else but sex. I probably take in a good 4 g or more most days.

Edited by Unicorn