michael jackson dead

josephga
This topic is 4628 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest zipperzone

Really?

I personally don't believe he ever molested any children!

Really?

I guess you think he gave 25 million to some young kid just because he felt like it.

Aren't you a little old to still believe in the tooth fairy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unicorn-

You say if the personal physician is guilty of malprescribing you hope they throw the book at him (revoke his medical license). That would be a civil or "professional" penalty. What, if anything, do you think they should do criminally?

Best regards,

KMEM

I'm not sure about the one in 2005 But in my heart and gut I believe he molested that kid in 93. Do I think he's a music icon? yes. Very talented? yes

fantastic entertainer. But in my mind when I see or hear him child molester comes to mind. and that over shadows everything else he has done..

Guest zipperzone
I'm not sure about the one in 2005 But in my heart and gut I believe he molested that kid in 93. Do I think he's a music icon? yes. Very talented? yes

fantastic entertainer. But in my mind when I see or hear him child molester comes to mind. and that over shadows everything else he has done..

That's exactly the way I see it too. I just can't understand the weeping and wailing for such a monster regardless of his talent in the music field. It just goes to show you how unselective the majority of the public are.

Ditto

That's exactly the way I see it too. I just can't understand the weeping and wailing for such a monster regardless of his talent in the music field. It just goes to show you how unselective the majority of the public are.

The public is definitely "unselective" and especially given all his overtly idiosyncratic behavior... not to mention that which can't be confirmed as fact. The only thing I might add is while I know he is considered as "larger than life" in the music business, other than his early work as a child, I personally never "got" his music... There was definitely "talent", but I never was overly thrilled about Thriller.

Unicorn-

You say if the personal physician is guilty of malprescribing you hope they throw the book at him (revoke his medical license). That would be a civil or "professional" penalty. What, if anything, do you think they should do criminally?

Best regards,

KMEM

Criminal charges might be brought against the doctor either as the person who injected the fatal dose if it was not in a medical capacity with appropriate documentation that this was a medically necessary injection or as a supplier of prescription drugs in an inappropriate manner. Medical paperwork is onerous for doctors but here, if done improperly, it could lead to a criminal charge.

Here's an interesting article about MJ from a rabbi who tried to help him:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1245924935526&pagename=JPArticle%2FShowFull

Good article and probably the most unbiased piece about him that will be published. The media can be very cruel and obviously sways public opinion greatly. One minute they are singing his praises saying he is the greatest thing next to factory sliced bread and then tearing him down over allegations and court appearances about molesting children and then building him back up to icon status at his death. Although I haven't been a fan of his for decades he did break some good ground with his music and especially his videos, both raising the bar and pushing peoples imaginations. For me those two things will missed and is what made him great artistically.

Hugs,

Greg

I liked Michael Jackson, probably no more or less than other people. I saw a documentary made in 2003 and called "Living with Michael Jackson" last night. Based on what Jackson said in the documentary, I have to agree with Rabbi Boteach's article that Michael Jackson had a certain nobility of spirit and sincere desire to help people. Unfortunately, he also seemed so detached from reality (and most people with that much money, access to drugs, and that many people who do everything for them would probably suffer from the same problem) that his ability to make good judgments about how to do that was compromised. For example, the interviewer kept emphasizing that most people would not be comfortable to have their children sleeping in the same bed with an adult. Michael stated over and over again that he did not see a problem with it. Unfortunately, even tho he probably did not do anything to hurt these children, his failed to understand what he would look like if he did things that he did not find a problem but most people in America (other countries might not) found truly hurtful. What I heard in the documentary made me see how truly sad some people made Michael Jackson's life was and what a tragedy he ended up making it.

Unicorn-

Best regards,

KMEM

Well, I'm not a lawyer, so I can only speak as to professional conduct. Prescribing repeated doses of meperidine, for example, or continuing to prescribe dangerous doses of medications just because someone is paying you beaucoup $$ is unprofessional and dangerous. I would think that a physician like that should not be practicing medicine. Whether or not that's illegal, i.e. a crime, I don't know. Perhaps a lawyer here can chime in.

As I was driving back from my cottage today I heard on the car radio that a biography of Michael Jackson is to be released in the next 10 days. The author is the same who wrote the controversial book about Guy Laliberte, the billionaire founder of Cirque de Soliel. The Jackson manuscript had gone to the printers last week and with the news of MJ's death, they stopped the presses and have spent the last four days writing another 50 pages (the book is over 300 pages, not counting photograhs. Prophetically, the title of the book was Michael Jackson, The Final Years so there was no need to change that.

Apparently, American booksellers have ordered hundreds of thousands of copies in the last couple of days and it could become a best seller, given its timeliness.

One interesting point that the publisher made in the interview was that Jackson will be seen in a different light given what the author has unearthed about the legal problems he had with young children. He said that greed was at the basis of the claims that were made and that he was ill-served by the people around him, his entourage as he called them. Should be interesting reading.

Guest zipperzone
Joseph, that certainly is a tacky joke. Given that you were the first to post about Jackson's death, I had assumed that you had some compassion for him.

Hey - funny is funny regardless of the subject. Joseph may have been the first to post the news but his subsequent posts made it clear that he was not a fan of MJ's morals.

Guest alanm

Michael Jackson died four days ago. The funeral has not taken place yet. There's plenty of time for jokes in the future, if people are so inclined. If people find the situation funny, I hope they can come up with better jokes that this one.

Guest TBinCHI
Michael Jackson died four days ago. The funeral has not taken place yet. There's plenty of time for jokes in the future, if people are so inclined. If people find the situation funny, I hope they can come up with better jokes that this one.

Funeral? I thought they were just going to melt him and make him into Legos so that little boys could play with him for a change.

Freak Show

Since I have trying to avoid the incessant coverage on Michael Jackson, from a distance I thought it was a tribute to him that was being aired over all of these channels. But now I see that it is a freak show, with each channel trying to outdo the other with a story on how weird this guy was.

Hopefully Tuesday will bring an end to the madness.

Since I have trying to avoid the incessant coverage on Michael Jackson, from a distance I thought it was a tribute to him that was being aired over all of these channels. But now I see that it is a freak show, with each channel trying to outdo the other with a story on how weird this guy was.

Hopefully Tuesday will bring an end to the madness.

I just heard a report that he's still dead.

Hmm. Several prosecutors and a family with a multi-million dollar settlement probably believe otherwise.

So, if the prosecutors think you're guilty, you must be guilty, regardless of the jury's decision? I didn't realize that that was how our justice system worked. :p

Guest TBinCHI
So, if the prosecutors think you're guilty, you must be guilty, regardless of the jury's decision? I didn't realize that that was how our justice system worked. :p

That's not what I said. My comment was in response to the person who said that he didn't "think" that MJ had sexually abused those boys. Read in context, it was an attempt to illustrate the point that you made - that what we "think" is irrelevant in the justice system. However, I do "think" that MJ's fame and fortune was the decisive factor in the jury's verdict given the staggering evidence against him.

Archived