michael jackson dead

josephga
This topic is 4628 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EuropTravl

"A private, family funeral" from this family would be welcome and classy, but this will be as big as SuperBowl Sunday complete with parades, guest stars, hours of pre-funeral festivities, and fireworks, I'd assume.

"A private, family funeral" from this family would be welcome and classy, but this will be as big as SuperBowl Sunday complete with parades, guest stars, hours of pre-funeral festivities, and fireworks, I'd assume.

This would be the wisest of actions, but we will all just have to wait and see what transpires.

I had no idea at all that Michael Jackson had died. How sad for him and Ms. Fawcett!

During the early evening on the West Coast, I went to the internet on my computer, and what popped out at me from http://www.yahoo.com's introductory page was a huge headline regarding the untimely death of Mr. Jackson. I just sat and stared for a while before listening to some of his music which was here for all to hear and cherish.

I have a sneeking suspicion that drugs will be the cause of death, probably amphetamines or cocaine. I wonder if we'll ever know the truth. He was a man of extreme talent and extreme lack of judgment and self-control. I feel compelled to say that as much as I admired his work, I was repelled by much of his behavior.

Guest zipperzone
I have a sneeking suspicion that drugs will be the cause of death, probably amphetamines or cocaine. I wonder if we'll ever know the truth. He was a man of extreme talent and extreme lack of judgment and self-control. I feel compelled to say that as much as I admired his work, I was repelled by much of his behavior.

I agree that much of his work was exemplary but I find it impossible to grieve for a multiple child molester. I know some of you will say he was found innocent - but then so was OJ.

Guest alanm

I agree with many of the comments already made here.

But, Jackson's parents deserve some of the blame for what happened to him, especially his dad. They put him on stage at the age of 5. Jackson is not the first child star whose life has ended in a tragic way. Even Elizabeth Taylor and Mickey Rooney, who are still with us, have had lives that were often crazy and out of control.

Jackson was also the first hugely popular African-American pop star, who is known throughout the world.

Yes, MJ seemed crazy in the last fifteen years of his life, but it's not exactly a mystery as to how that could happen.

I think there is some possibility that he did not molest any children in the sense that most people have for molest, but he certainly was not above suspicion for doing so. As a public figure and entertainer extraordinary, he should have strived to be without the hint of wrong doing. Unfortunately, he was far from being without a hint.

RIP.

Best regards,

KMEM

Guest TBinCHI
I personally don't believe he ever molested any children!

Hmm. Several prosecutors and a family with a multi-million dollar settlement probably believe otherwise. If he wasn't a celebrity, he'd have been in jail long ago with the laundry list of evidence that they had against him. With all due respect to those who mourn him, I find it acceptable to mourn the loss of his talent. But, I don't mourn the loss of a "man" who likely caused a lot of harm to a lot of people. MJ was not held accountable for his actions here, but for those who believe in a judgment day, he is having his right now.

Is your "suspicion" based on facts or on a dream you had last night?[/color]

My suspicion is based on my many years of practice as a family physician, whose practice often runs into those who abuse drugs. Death of a cardiac arrest at the age of 50 from natural causes is rather unusual, and even more unusual in those with good access to medical care (yes, unfortunately there are many millions in the U.S. who don't have access to medical care--chock one up for the Canadians). Even without knowing anything about Michael Jackson, my first suspicion for an otherwise healthy 50 year-old to just drop dead would be drugs. But I do know a fair amount about Michael Jackson. If anything can be said about his personal life, it would have to be that he has an extraordinary lack of good judgment. I have a number of psychotic patients who do crazy shit, but I don't think I've seen anyone in my career behave with such poor judgment as he did who wasn't psychotic. And I have well over 2000 patients who have personally signed up with me, and have participated in the treatment of quite a few who weren't my personal patients.

Of course, now we seem to be getting a little more information which supports my theory regarding drugs being the cause, although my guess regarding amphetamines or cocaine may prove to be incorrect. Reports seem to be saying he had just been injected with meperidine. Meperidine is a very tricky narcotic, which some have argued should be off the market. Its opiod ("high") effect is very short, yet it breaks down into toxic metabolites which last much longer. Foolish is the doctor who administers repeated doses (especially when mixed with other drugs). The sister of a good friend of mine died this way. She went to one ER demanding and receiving a high dose of meperidine, then went to another hospital's ER with the same results, only after the 2nd dose she dropped dead (in defense of the 2nd ER, they weren't told of the first dose she had received).

If this "personal physician" of Mr. Jackson's inappropriately gave him an injection of meperidine, I hope they throw the book at him (revoke his license). What an easy and wonderful living it must be to get big $$ to do anything some crazy SOB tells you to do, throwing care and safety to the wind--until you kill your patient. As I heard a medical ethicist say on the radio a few hours ago (on this subject), the doctor's first duty is to the health and care of his patient, not to do whatever his patient tells him to.

Guest RianB

A reason WHY to buy albums as you go along, as they'll be sold out in these situations...Glad to have a family who was always heavily into him

Archived