How much weight should a skipped review hold?

We see it from others, and it sticks out like a sore thumb. A massage therapist who is well-liked with many reviews, but there's those one or two people who leave a nice review that slip through the cracks and don't get some love from the provider. I, for one, feel bad for those guys because that indicates to me that the feeling wasn't at all mutual. 

I have had only one review I left deleted by the moderator of the website per my request due to the masseur being (by private message) upset with me for giving something insignificant like ambiance a 4 instead of a 5 - that's far too diva to be getting on my case. 

When a provider doesn't reply or respond to any reviews left by anyone at all, or only bothers to get defensive when someone has a lousy experience to then reply, the writing is on the wall that you are leaving a review that isn't getting a response.

I can't speak to RentMasseur reviews, but on RentMen many providers don't reply to reviews so in general I wouldn't make too much if there isn't one. Even in cases where most have a reply I wouldn't be too concerned if mine didn't. Obviously if they have heaps of reviews and yours alone didn't get a reply it would give pause for thought.

I have found Rent Masseur to be hit or miss with providers responding.  I have seen providers more than once, in fact one is a regular that never responded to a review.  Seems like a timing thing more than anything where they may respond to a bunch at once, then not be on the site for awhile after.

Rent Men has been different for me for whatever reason.  If I have a good time and post a review, I'll text the provider something like hey had a great time and I posted a review.  

Three times now that I have done that I have gotten replies via text thanking me profusely for doing that and telling me they will make my next session extra special.  Great marketing on their part because of course I rebooked them to see what that extra special was.  I will say all three came through big time,  so no complaints here.

I actually post reviews with no expectations of having a response to it. The negative reviews I've left were not replied to, but the profiles were taken down. One of them reapeared with a different name, the other is not longer in the website.

No response could be a good thing or a bad thing. Hard to tell. I wouldn't dwell on it.

4 hours ago, viewing ownly said:

I have had only one review I left deleted by the moderator of the website per my request due to the masseur being (by private message) upset with me for giving something insignificant like ambiance a 4 instead of a 5 - that's far too diva to be getting on my case.

Didn't know that a provider can have reviews taken down just because they don't agree.

This is a great topic.  So many possible answers, meaning to me that there is no definitive answer. 

I wrote a review a few weeks back. I had a delightful night with a wonderful person. I posted the review and I did receive a very sweet and specific thank you reply. It made my day and left me with a warmer feeling about my already great experience. However, I wouldn’t worry about not receiving a reply. I think of a review as a thank you note. I don’t expect a reply to a thank you note I send (though it may be brought up in person), so I don’t necessarily expect a thank you for a review…but it sure was thoughtful to receive one, ha. 

Be well my friends and have fun out there. 

You're trying to infer a negative if a provider doesn't leave a response to a positive review left by another client.  You may as well admit that you're viewing every interaction with a provider as an adversarial encounter.  You're paying a guy to put his hands on your naked body to relax you, but you're getting worked up second guessing his actions from the time you first message him to how he responds to a review well after the session.   You seem to be more worried about getting your ego stroked than your nalgas.

1 hour ago, DynamicUno said:

You're trying to infer a negative if a provider doesn't leave a response to a positive review left by another client.  You may as well admit that you're viewing every interaction with a provider as an adversarial encounter.  You're paying a guy to put his hands on your naked body to relax you, but you're getting worked up second guessing his actions from the time you first message him to how he responds to a review well after the session.   You seem to be more worried about getting your ego stroked than your nalgas.

I do scour reviews to begin with as a determiner for who I would like to see, which is obviously done before I've even left one. The donation amounts for erotic experiences are shown, which differ from a lowest rate listed, or enables me to pass on them when they indicate "ask me", and are wanting a few hundred. 

It makes complete sense to be taken aback when everybody around you gets a reply except for you. A provider is not going to have anything to say if they did not want to receive your business any longer, and avoiding a "thanks for seeing me" reply does just that. 

P.S. likes from me to all who commented on this subject - even critical you, Dynamic Uno. 🙂

8 hours ago, viewing ownly said:

We see it from others, and it sticks out like a sore thumb. A massage therapist who is well-liked with many reviews, but there's those one or two people who leave a nice review that slip through the cracks and don't get some love from the provider. I, for one, feel bad for those guys because that indicates to me that the feeling wasn't at all mutual. 

When a provider doesn't reply or respond to any reviews left by anyone at all, or only bothers to get defensive when someone has a lousy experience to then reply, the writing is on the wall that you are leaving a review that isn't getting a response.

I see no reason to publicly reply to any review of mine.

Privately, you thank someone.  Simple, kind, effective.

If you're writing a positive review just to get a visible pat on the head, that seems a little silly.

On 5/3/2024 at 2:58 AM, mike carey said:

I can't speak to RentMasseur reviews, but on RentMen many providers don't reply to reviews so in general I wouldn't make too much if there isn't one. Even in cases where most have a reply I wouldn't be too concerned if mine didn't. Obviously if they have heaps of reviews and yours alone didn't get a reply it would give pause for thought.

My #1 provider who I rave about everywhere has 120+ 5.0 reviews and he literally writes a personal reply to each one talking about what he loved about the reviewer.  He is the only one I have ever seen do that and part of why he is so good.  Also, he doesn't have "people" doing it for him like others have managing their online presence, so it's definitely him writing each one. 

this obsession with reviews and replies and comments and how many stars did the restaurant get and how could you possibly break my perfect string of five-star reviews with a four-star review has all gotten way too internet-y......I'll occasionally post an honest yelp review of a restaurant or an honest comment about a provider when it seems helpful or appropriate, but I don't expect any thank-you note in return........

it is nice to see a provider (or hotel) who dutifully "thanks" every reviewer as it seems to show they're paying attention, but it doesn't influence any decision I may make