rentmasseur

I wish RentMasseur had a map function like Masseurfinder does.  It will tell you how far away someone is but not which direction.  I wrote to rentmasseur to ask them to add that feature and it doesn't sound like they have any plans to add it.   Should we start a petition? 😛

I wish that when providers enabled the "Map Me" feature in RentMasseur they would actually set it to display cross streets near their location.  Seems like only a handful actually do that as most here in LA seem to come up with a default DTLA location (Disney Hall to be precise) which isn't really helpful.

honestly, I never look at any map that might be offered in any profile......most are inaccurate (City Hall or the main PO are common defaults) and it's always best to communicate directly with the provider and ask about incall/outcall options and actual incall location/neighborhood......their location on a profile map is certainly not a deciding factor for me!!

Some providers don't like to offer cross streets upfront.  I find the map feature very helpful.  I like knowing if it's walkable... if I drive, is parking going to be an issue or is Uber the best solution.  Now with many staying at AirBnB's, I like knowing if it's a neighborhood to my liking.

I never host. 
In LA there are enough providers to choose one who’s forthcoming about their location, and I might be onto the next. Two major cross streets are enough. 
When the map says LA and they mean Santa Monica, or Orange Co. that’s too long a drive from my place. I always ask. “The map feature places you near X, is that accurate?”

When choosing an incall, the provider's location is crucial for me. Typically, I inquire about their approximate area in our initial contact. It's surprising that many of them readily provide the exact address (excluding the unit/apartment number). If Rmass had a location feature, I'm uncertain whether I'd fully trust it. Numerous providers set up their profiles and rarely update them.

On 4/25/2024 at 1:23 PM, azdr0710 said:

honestly, I never look at any map that might be offered in any profile......most are inaccurate (City Hall or the main PO are common defaults) and it's always best to communicate directly with the provider and ask about incall/outcall options and actual incall location/neighborhood......their location on a profile map is certainly not a deciding factor for me!!

I’ve seen the default location appear on the map as “police station.” That’s one that made me think about whether contacting the provider was a good idea.

I'm confused.  Rentmasseur does have a map function.  It's just largely useless because most providers choose not to display anything close to their exact location.  I understand that decision, but I appreciate when a provider at least indicates in the text of their ad which neighborhood they are in.