Rentmasseur's profiles "Online Now" vs. "Available Now" ?

Can someone please explain the difference between these statuses on Rentmasseur? I used to think that "Online Now" meant the provider was just checking messages or updating their location, but when clients (like me) search "Available Now" both statuses show up. Never sure who's actually making themselves available. Any insight would be much appreciated. 

And then there's the (seemingly obvious) distinction between searching "Manhattan" vs. "New York City" which also provides confusing results...but I think that's a topic for another day. 

If a provider is actively searching for a client at that moment, he will most likely place his status as AVAIL NOW. 

Not sure why RM includes anyone signed on in the avail now search, but probably because it's worth a shot to inquire. But I'd guess majority will not be available at that moment. Most of us providers will sign on check messages, make changes to profile, or show that potential client that we might be available sometime today or near future if you are flexible. 

39 minutes ago, Tactile Daddy said:

or show that potential client that we might be available sometime today or near future if you are flexible. 

This is what I assume when I see the green light - that the provider is available to communicate, and may have times later on, but isn't necessarily going to be available for an appointment right away. As one provider rather angrily let me know several years ago, "we aren't all sitting around reading a newspaper, waiting for you to call."

1 hour ago, db66 said:

This is what I assume when I see the green light - that the provider is available to communicate, and may have times later on, but isn't necessarily going to be available for an appointment right away. As one provider rather angrily let me know several years ago, "we aren't all sitting around reading a newspaper, waiting for you to call."

I hope you didn't give that provider your business.

10 hours ago, Boaxxx said:

I hope you didn't give that provider your business.

I didn’t, which I think was what prompted the comment. He was p*ssed at me for thinking “available now” actually meant available now. It’s been quite a few years (who reads newspapers anymore?!) and I think the green light had only been recently introduced. 

They are both bullshit.  I have reached out to people who said "Available Now" and it took forever for the to respond, if at all.

I did have a masseur tell me that the "Available Now" mode is misleading.  In order to keep their profiles bumped and relevant, the masseurs have to be available for a certain amount of time, so some have it automatically go on at certain times whether they are available or not.

If the masseur is online now, they still may not be responding to messages  or texts.

Those are my two pennies.

Here is a look at the availability feature for your reference (below). I only use the one hour availability option because that’s actually realistic, and it matches all the other platforms I use that have availability functions in maximum 1-hr format…so my availability displays consistently across platforms +/- a couple mins.

Sometimes I flag myself available for an hour and I get a text 10 mins later requesting an appointment to start within the next hour. Unless I actively change it back, it will list me as available for the rest of the hour, which technically I am…available to respond promptly to inquiries. Sometimes available “now” for a massage as well. In this scenario, it depends if you are the client contacting me in the first 10 mins after I flag or the last 50 mins. It can change within the hour, but it looks the same to the client.

Also, I am not necessarily tethered to the studio. I may be heading to the gym or running an errand, and turn around if I get a client, or in the middle of a workout and have to tell the client I can start you at X time, factoring in wrapping up, showering, driving, and any last minute setup.

“Online” now (green) means logged in currently or very recently, whether actively looking at the screen or not. This may have nothing to do with whether I can take a client “now” or not. I might ironically be responding to a RentMasseur massage saying I am NOT available now, but here is my next availability x, y, and z. 

Some of you seeing “available now” 24/7 may be seeing a guy selecting 6 hours at a time! Which IMHO is unrealistic at best.

IMG_0878.thumb.jpeg.6f94af08257237fce454b5988a766b2b.jpegIMG_0877.thumb.jpeg.00da1f7702697cc1ae4e1ebcb2275a29.jpeg

On 3/7/2024 at 12:33 PM, db66 said:

I didn’t, which I think was what prompted the comment. He was p*ssed at me for thinking “available now” actually meant available now. It’s been quite a few years (who reads newspapers anymore?!) and I think the green light had only been recently introduced. 

On 3/7/2024 at 2:41 PM, questbear said:

They are both bullshit.  I have reached out to people who said "Available Now" and it took forever for the to respond, if at all.

I did have a masseur tell me that the "Available Now" mode is misleading.  In order to keep their profiles bumped and relevant, the masseurs have to be available for a certain amount of time, so some have it automatically go on at certain times whether they are available or not.

If the masseur is online now, they still may not be responding to messages  or texts.

Those are my two pennies.

20 hours ago, massagefan320 said:

Very few providers are literally available now when the status says so.  Most need at least two hour notice (which is fine).  Some say they are not available for the day, after I inquire.  I wish there were more specific statuses, like available today, for instance.

I have been petitioning RMass and Men for awhile to change the “available now” to options like “available today/available tomorrow”.

I also find “available now” rarely gets me the immediate business I want anyway. However I do it anyway because it makes the profile appear more “live” and active.

I have seen profiles that haven’t even been logged on for days/weeks, and it could give a “not available” impression (if they read it much).

In fact I’ll occasionally use “not available” if I’m really just not wanting to be bothered during inclement weather, holidays, or if I am planning to visit an area but don’t want to get any “u available now in (insert city 500 miles away)”

This is also where I try to explain to people: simple-stupid isn’t always the best policy. People think having one rate, one availability option, one everything just works. Naw. Give people options. People want things to be so simple but, they get confused on the simplest things in the process. Even Amazon has: paid shipping, free shipping, 2 day, next day delivery.

I get it that gays want things to be easy and no brainer, but reality doesn’t work like that. Available now shouldn’t even be a vocabulary in online conquests. My availability is not a bath house, where I’m waiting outside the door holding a big green sign 🪧 AVAILABLE NOW. 

And guess what people say when they see available now? “Hi are you available now?” 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut