Eddie Redmyn in Revival of Cabaret

I saw him do it in London.  He was fine, but the production didn't bring anything new or above what the Mendes version did several years before.

1998 and 2014 were the last major NYC productions.  Like Gypsy, audiences seem to like seeing this show.

The shtick in this new production is 'immersion' into the actual Kit Kat Klub. 

Edited by BenjaminNicholas

• 1 month later...

Saw it on Monday (opening night). Was fun and the August Wilson Theater was decorated like the inside of a night club. The staff did a great job organizing the traffic flow pre and post to ensure people knew where to go (restrooms, bar etc.). Loved Neuwirth and Redmayne :)  Part of the fun was seeing the audience as well - most of the gays in the audience were dressed up in their glitter clutching their precious little purses. People watching was part of the fun experience. At one point near the end of intermission, the performers pulled a few audience members to dance on the stage. Great show. 

Edited by cany10011

• 3 weeks later...

Saw it in London.  Just saw it in NYC.

It's still loud, brash and gimmicky.  I agree completely with the NYT's take on it.  It just didn't work for me.  Felt like a shoehorned mess.

For the price, I expected better direction and voices.

Bebe Neuwirth was the single actor in the show giving a realized performance.

Saw the interview on 'CBS Sunday Morning' this past weekend. The clips, and the interviews didn't really entice me to make a trip to NYC and see this revival. (Saw the 1998 one, which I loved).