'Feud: Capote vs The Swans' premieres January 31 on FX

Ali Gator

The long awaited Ryan Murphy series "Feud: Capote vs The Swans" premieres on January 31 on FX. It's an eight episode series based upon the book "Capote's Women: A True Story of Love, Betrayal and a Swan Song for an Era". Tom Hollander (Capote) stars, with a cast including Demi Moore, Diane Lane, Treat Williams, Naomi Watts and Calista Flockhart. 

WWW.FXNETWORKS.COM

Capote was confidante to society’s most elite women until his act of betrayal destroyed everything.

21 hours ago, BuffaloKyle said:

The first edition of the series with Bette Davis & Joan Crawford was absolutely superb.

His choice of 'feuds' after that was questionable, and less memorable, at best. 

Capote and The Swans may be entertaining, but does anyone under the age of 70 know who these people are without Googling them ? 

There are so many other 'feuds' he could play out. 

On 1/3/2024 at 9:09 AM, BuffaloKyle said:

The first edition of the series with Bette Davis & Joan Crawford was absolutely superb.

On 1/4/2024 at 7:01 AM, Ali Gator said:

There are so many other 'feuds' he could play out. 

I can't wait for his DEAR ABBY vs ANN LANDERS.  What a role that will be for some actress!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 12:47 AM, samhexum said:

I can't wait for his DEAR ABBY vs ANN LANDERS.  What a role that will be for some actress!

Well very few people know   who these  women are now and especially   their  outlets ( newspapers? Magazines radios? Television?)

1 hour ago, WilliamM said:

Well very few people know   who these  women are now and especially   their  outlets ( newspapers? Magazines radios? Television?)

They know DEAR ABBY (or at least her daughter) from her column from when they (like you) read the NY POST everyday.

BTW, Ann Landers did not want her column continued, so her daughter started a column of her own.  Hilariously, like their long-feuding, advice-giving twin-sister mothers, the advice-giving cousins also allegedly feuded for years.

On 1/15/2024 at 7:00 PM, samhexum said:

They know DEAR ABBY (or at least her daughter) from her column from when they (like you) read the NY POST everyday.

BTW, Ann Landers did not want her column continued, so her daughter started a column of her own.  Hilariously, like their long-feuding, advice-giving twin-sister mothers, the advice-giving cousins also allegedly feuded for 

Wasn't  Arlene Francis a swan as well?

On 12/30/2023 at 5:52 PM, Ali Gator said:

The long awaited Ryan Murphy series "Feud: Capote vs The Swans" premieres on January 31 on FX.

13 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

I'm happy to report that other than stamping his name on it, Ryan Murphy is doing almost no writing and zero directing for this Feud.

I've come to dislike a lot of what he is fully hands-on with. 

He's the kind of one great season and a ton of shlock subsequent seasons.

"Feud: Capote vs The Swines" might elicit squeals of delight. 

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles (literally)

52 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

I'm happy to report that other than stamping his name on it, Ryan Murphy is doing almost no writing and zero directing for this Feud.

I've come to dislike a lot of what he is fully hands-on with. 

He's the kind of one great season and a ton of shlock subsequent seasons.

40 minutes ago, samhexum said:

"Feud: Capote vs The Swines" might elicit squeals of delight. 

17 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

Swans,  not swines

No body ever called Slim Keith a swine

sar·casm
/ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Hulu will run fewer commercials than FX? When The Feud initially ran on FX there were too many commercials. I guess cable and streaming have spoiled some of us. I watched it later on a streaming service and it was much more pleasurable without the commercial interruptions.

So in episode 1 (which I just finished) Truman Capote, towel clad, swishes drunkenly down the stairs into a steam room.  And who should he espy?  The only other towel clad occupant: Russell Tovey [SWOON}.  R rated amusement follows.  I may actually have to watch this thing.

7 hours ago, g56whiz said:

So in episode 1 (which I just finished) Truman Capote, towel clad, swishes drunkenly down the stairs into a steam room.  And who should he espy?  The only other towel clad occupant: Russell Tovey [SWOON}.  R rated amusement follows.  I may actually have to watch this thing.

I remember him from The History Boys, playing a teenager when he was actually 25. ☺️

Edited by Marc in Calif

On 2/1/2024 at 5:31 PM, Snbrd said:

Does anyone know if Hulu will run fewer commercials than FX? When The Feud initially ran on FX there were too many commercials. I guess cable and streaming have spoiled some of us. I watched it later on a streaming service and it was much more pleasurable without the commercial interruptions.

I've DVR'd the first two episodes and FF through the commercials. I must say - this is better than I thought it would be. The cast is incredible (especially Hollander, Watts and Lane), the directing fast-paced, and the writing is great (except for a few obvious falsehoods they presented as 'facts' - such as Capote referencing '60 Minutes' to Bill Palley when he first meets him in 1955 - '60 Minutes' didn't come on the air until '68;  one of the characters saying 'she flew in on the Concorde from London to NY' in 1975 - the Concorde wasn't available until 1979).  

On 2/2/2024 at 1:54 PM, g56whiz said:

Russell Tovey was a pleasant surprise for me.  First time I recall him doing an American accent.  He's awesome.

On 2/9/2024 at 7:03 AM, Ali Gator said:

Last night's episode covered Capote's famous 'Black and White Ball' from 1966. Of course, the writers took many liberties with the events which occurred that evening, but what an enjoyable episode. 

I remember that Ball. Is there a list somewhere of the people invited

Know that Mary Martin and her husband were there. Assume Ethel Merman was invited as well (but without Ernie Borgnine)