Returning to the industry

cromagnonmale

1 hour ago, cromagnonmale said:

For sure, that makes sense. We will see if I can stand out in a city setting without face pics. Really, my ultimate hope is develop some good ongoing relationships, and I am okay with it not working out that way. It might well be my days as a regularly active provider are in the past and this will happen more organically if at all. That said, I really do enjoy this work. It's beautiful and powerful and divine at the best of times. But returning to the website seems more complicated today than it was a few years ago. 

For what it's worth, the photo you have posted on RM is great.  As are your interview answers.  Now I'm curious about the art that you do, and what your favourite Scotch happens to be :) 

I'll throw my two cents in for what it's worth..

When I come across an ad (like I did this morning - a new ad) with just a couple of faceless photos, I pass - no matter how well-written the ad is. The new ad in my area today had two photos of a body from neck to waist, in a tight tee shirt. Thanks, but I'll pass...

I'm hiring the whole person, not just the torso or the pecs. I want to see the whole package of what I may be hiring. When someone doesn't include more body shots and face pics, I assume they're hiding something. I pass.

Let's face it - if I'm looking for a car to buy online, I'm certainly not going to take a chance on the ad which only features photos of the driver's door and rear tire. I want pictures of the whole thing - at different angles. 

1 hour ago, Ali Gator said:

When I come across an ad (like I did this morning - a new ad) with just a couple of faceless photos, I pass - no matter how well-written the ad is

I'd prefer to see face pics in an ad, and if they're not there I ask for them. I'll pass if they don't send the face pics.

I think we need to relax our expectations on face pics on ads with the very real threat of facial recognition (discussion here) that could severely impact a provider's business AND personal life.

18 hours ago, cromagnonmale said:

CroMagMale - I took down my second pic because it showed the lower half of my face and I have spent the day reading about the horrors of facial recognition software and law enforcement. I am trying to decide what to do with the profile going forward. 

I checked your profile.  It looks good but you may want to post lower body pics in shorts or underwear (whatever you are comfortable with) along with things you are into.

On 12/30/2023 at 8:30 AM, MikeBiDude said:

I'd prefer to see face pics in an ad, and if they're not there I ask for them. I'll pass if they don't send the face pics.

I completely understand @cromagnonmale’s concerns and they’re valid. This is a whole new age of surveillance technology which enables ridiculous moral witch hunts.

For me, it’s too late to “opt out” as it were by omitting or obscuring my face, and I don’t trust the for-profit surveillance companies contracted by law enforcement to respect my privacy. Since when has “please take me off your call list” stopped the calls from a specific company? So I give up and deal with it the best ways I can.

I also validate the points @Ali Gator and @MikeBiDudemake. If I were on the other side of hiring, I would never even notice, much less bother to contact a provider that didn’t show a face pic or other parts of his body in which I am most interested.

I get the point about the tattoos, but remember that the presence or absence and type of tattoos matters A LOT to some clients. We’ve had some pretty hot, divisive threads on that subject. Others care little, if at all, and I venture to bet that’s 50% or more, with the extremes making up the other piece of the pie.

I feel it’s reasonable to share face or other photos privately with prospective clients by text or app or wherever you’re communicating. What do you think?

Edited by Simon Suraci

• 2 weeks later...

I may reach out to a faceless profile. It obviously depends on the rest of the profile, as well as my other options in the area.

I am going to assume that posting a pic of a hairy chest was recognition that body hair, or not, is a factor for some clients. I really wish faceless profiles would tell me if they are clean shaven, or not. When I hire, there's only one right answer to both those questions (body/face). If it's an unknown, it's going to be one of my opening questions, and I feel like it would save everyone time and effort if I knew the answer from the profile.

Welcome back to the industry. Interesting that you feel the need to return; I think it’s very difficult to leave the industry voluntarily. All sorts of reasons (money, lifestyle, excitement) but mainly because of the connections and people you meet, and that’s why it’s sad to hear of you losing your benefactor- sorry to hear it. I hope your return is successful. 

I’m very discreet too. I don’t have direct face pics on my advertising (but everything else is on show!). However, I think in this business many clients are looking also for a glimpse of your personality too as well as your face. It’s really important that when clients meet you they not only like the visuals but they feel comfortable with the person inside. If they hire someone who’s pretty, but is an asshole (or weird) or indeed can’t do what they offered because they’re unprofessional, then they’ll never come back and they’ll spread the word about him.

This is why I have a website where I put more info about me, and insight into my style and how I think etc. I’ll also share face pics with clients who ask via the contact details on my website. If they like what they see on there then they’ll book and I’m confident it will be a great session. It also stands you apart from many in the industry who unfortunately aren’t very professional. The ‘pretty pics here today gone tomorrow’ guys playing at it wouldn’t bother setting up a website. 

Good luck! Be interesting to hear on here how things go. 

6 hours ago, APPLE1 said:

When I hire, there's only one right answer to those questions. If it's an unknown, it's going to be one of my opening questions, and I feel like it would save everyone time and effort if I knew the answer from the profile.

I’m the same way except my opening questions are do you smoke cigarettes and are you going to vape at any point during our session?  

That’s more important to me than any other question on a RM ad and I wish they’d add it. 

On 12/28/2023 at 11:22 AM, cromagnonmale said:

Just joined the site after years from watching from the sidelines - heya!

I am returning to SW through RM after a hiatus of a couple years, as 1. guys keep hitting me up on Grindr making offers and 2. my longtime sponsor, with whom I had many beautiful experiences, recently passed away, reminding me how important and powerful this work can be. My former profile had face and body pictures and descriptions of things I can provide, but now I intend to be much more selective, and much more discreet. I now live in a small town in a small state where discretion feels right. I posted a new profile, with just two pictures, face cropped out, and a description that I hope communicates that I am warm and friendly and I know what I am doing. I am curious if guys here would shy away from a profile with only two pictures, both without faces. I am also interested in any other general advice you have for returning to the biz in 2023. Thank you so much, and glad to finally join this site. 

With just two pics, they would have to be great pics and the profile very well-written.

Well first,  welcome to the site and welcome back to the industry!    My only advice as a provider,  is that you do what you feel is appropriate for you.    We aren't in your shoes and we don't live where you do.    If the path you have articulated for us is the best one for you,  then certainly make it happen and  we wish you the best.   If you need to make adjustments,  be flexible enough to consider it.    Good luck and look forward to reading your thoughts on various topics!