Brazilian wax and massage on same day

Dewy

Hi all,

I’m thinking of getting a Brazilian wax first then a massage later in the day. My question is should I schedule the massage on another day to allow my skin to heal from the waxing? Or should it be fine to do both on the same day? The massages I get are the sensual/fun variety ;) and I want to make sure the massage oils (and other activities) don’t cause any unwanted breakouts or rashes. Also wishing everyone a happy holiday break. Love this forum! 

36 minutes ago, Dewy said:

Hi all,

I’m thinking of getting a Brazilian wax first then a massage later in the day. My question is should I schedule the massage on another day to allow my skin to heal from the waxing? Or should it be fine to do both on the same day? The massages I get are the sensual/fun variety ;) and I want to make sure the massage oils (and other activities) don’t cause any unwanted breakouts or rashes. Also wishing everyone a happy holiday break. Love this forum! 

The answer is "it depends", both on your typical reaction to waxing and on the type of wax and massage involved.

Sixteen years ago, when I first started getting waxed, it would take my body three full days to settle down from the irritation.  I would never consider getting a massage or sexual activity during those three days.

As time progressed, my recovery time from waxes shortened.  Now, I get a wax, body scrub, massage, and sexual activity all by the same provider a few hours apart.  My skin has no aggrevation or irritation.  I still, however, avoid the sun and swimming pools for three days after waxing.

If this is your first wax, I would say wait at least three days for any type of massage or service.  If you have been waxing regularly, then pay attention to your recovery time.  Only you will know how sensitive your skin is a few days or a few hours after waxing.

Oh, and Happy Christmas to you, too!

Edited by Vegas_Millennial

4 hours ago, Dewy said:

Hi all,

I know little about brazilian waxing, but here's what I found from a Brazilian Waxibg studio website:

After Your Wax Getting a Brazilian wax is a game-changer but bad aftercare will leave in more pain and discomfort than the wax itself ever could! It's best to be proactive against any potential side effects from waxing. So you'll want to avoid anything that can irritate the skin for at least 24-48 hours after your wax.

More than the physical aspect, however, I'd suggest to wait anyway. You might not enjoy the massage as much if you are worried about it not being enjoyable due to the waxing. Also, maybe consider massage first and waxing after. Will that be OK? I imagine you wax to feel your body more presentable, but there might be the chance that the masseur may not care about not being waxed.

Just my thoughts.