George Santos bio-movie announced at HBO - any casting ideas ?

Ali Gator

Well this was inevitable:  HBO Films has a movie in the works about former disgraced Congressman George Santos. The movie network has optioned the rights to the just-released (as of Nov 28) biography "The Fabulist: The Lying, Hustling, Grifting, Stealing, and Very American Legend of George Santos".  Exec producer Frank RIch,Z ("Veep" and "Succession") is at the helm of this project. HBO has described it as a 'forensic and darkly comedy look' at the Congressman from Long Island.

So who will play George Santos ? Casting has not been announced yet, so let's give HBO some ideas.  (Bowen Yang does a passable 'George' on SNL - especially on Dec 2 in the 'cold open' - but don't think he could carry a movie. A little of him goes a loooooooooooong way.)

As he is an Academy Award winning actor, it seems George Santos could be played by............George Santos.  Paying this con man money to reproduce his ashamedly dishonest life is a travesty.  HBO should be ashamed as well.  Of course, I will be watching only to be able to make cogent disparaging remarks.  

• 2 months later...
On 12/3/2023 at 10:07 PM, nycman said:

Too bad Jim Belushi is dead.

On 12/7/2023 at 3:52 PM, purplekow said:

As he is an Academy Award winning actor, it seems George Santos could be played by............George Santos.  Paying this con man money to reproduce his ashamedly dishonest life is a travesty.  HBO should be ashamed as well.  Of course, I will be watching only to be able to make cogent disparaging remarks.  

I want Pat androgynous from SNL to play him!

pat-snl.gif