Would you buy a $300,000 car?

foxy

On 11/24/2023 at 6:17 AM, SouthOfTheBorder said:

Yup - not only a stereotype, but researched 

fyi - this is not surprising 

NYPOST.COM

Men with smaller-than-average penises are more likely to want to own high-performance sports cars...

"Researchers ultimately theorized that the desire to own a pricey ride is linked to lower self-esteem."

The study you cite is laughably unscientific.  It proves nothing (note "theorized").  It certainly doesn't prove that men who own flashy cars have small penises, only that men who were misled to believe they were smaller than average showed a desire to buy a high-performance sports car.  It's a helluva stretch between a momentary reaction or impulse to actually forking over six figures of your hard-earned money for a fast ride.

In any case, even if the study's finding were accurate (debatable), it is at best a generalization, yet one that you leap to embrace.  What other generalizations do you buy into:  blacks have ________, Muslims are ________, immigrants do ________?  Yikes! I can't imagine.

You (rather desperately) believe a generalization, then back it up with pseudoscience, because you have some deep-seated hatred for men who own flashy cars.  I'm not saying you seethe with this hatred nor that it consumes you, but a little hatred, yes.  Just as you hate (on some level) people who are armed and (for some bizarre reason) Lauren Sánchez and Jeff Bezos.

Again, live and let live.  Diversity and tolerance are a two-way street.

On 12/8/2023 at 4:23 AM, SouthOfTheBorder said:

and likely has a small you-know-what.  which explains almost everything.  including the extreme views

Did you arrive at that conclusion by means of one of those super-sciencey "studies" you're so fond of?  Cite another one, pal.

Edited by BSR
Typo

I paid $19,000 for my Trax. I’m happy that I haven’t had a car payment for two years now. And with my job being fully WFH, I expect to hang on to my vehicle for at least another five years.

Cars for me serve one purpose: To take me from point a to point b. Even if I had the funds to buy a luxury vehicle, I still wouldn’t.

If someone were to gift it to me, I’d be peeved at the tax. 😅