Having less of an appetite after liposuction procedure

caramelsub

Does anyone know if liposuction can cause a loss or reduction of appetite? I had lipo done a few months ago and have less of an appetite for food now. I wasn’t sure if removing fat cells could make one feel less hungry. I have lost a lot of weight since my procedure. But I hate that I feel full even after eating barely anything throughout the day. I miss having an appetite for food. I hope this is temporary. I will be following up with the clinic/doctor that did my procedure. Thanks.

Keep in mind, even a properly designed, properly used, device is inserted into areas that have never been disturbed at all. There has to be normal edema from the process internally, doesn’t there? It can probably slow organ function in the region, which signals your brain to decrease intake. If it persists, see your regular GP. 

Well, fewer fat cells to feed. But a severe loss of appetite months out is uncommon. I'd ask whomever did the procedure what he thinks. But, yes, liposuction does permanently change the number of fat cells. Weight gain comes from an increase in the size, not the number, of fat cells. 

The sugar-free, full-fat diet | Nature Reviews Cancer

Edited by Unicorn