Schedule in advance

Go to solution Solved by Jarrod_Uncut,

I almost exclusively schedule multiple-day BFEs. Given my work, it requires me to take time off and requires planning. I prefer scheduling several months out with guys. Sometimes this means I have to fly guys in because local guys aren’t interested in scheduling.

How many do multiple-day BFEs?

How many schedule months ahead?

Providers: what do you see as both the upside and downside to such an approach, for you and for us scheduling types? 

• Solution

I used to have certain clients I’d be able to schedule weeks or months ahead. However, it seems uncommon lately and I generally don’t prefer to because I may not be in the same area. 

However, for a longer session I wouldn’t mind. Months in advance gives better opportunity to plan and arrange schedule accordingly

10 hours ago, Jarrod_Uncut said:

I generally don’t prefer to because I may not be in the same area. 

That’s partly why scheduling is important in my opinion. It helps both of us know what works if he doesn’t want to make a special trip. I’ve flown in guys for a few days who then stay a few days longer because they’ll be in a market they’re not always in. Or in the case of one regular, he schedules his time in my area when I’m able to host him if I reach out soon enough. 

I work full-time, and the main guy I hire also has a full-time career (he does this on the side). We also live in separate cities.

We have taken a longer trip out of the country and that requires a lot of planning and a solid commitment. For regular sessions, he visity NYC on a regular schedule that he plans time around his personal and work schedule, tells me when he will be there. Then I schedule time away from my work to meet in NYC.

I haven't ever really done the "hire in my city" or last-minute meetups. It works for me this way, but I also know the chances of cancellation (for work, for family, for health) carry a huge monetary loss on his side and on my side. It's an acceptable risk for us both because the rewards are greater. 

1 hour ago, ThroatCummer said:

It's an acceptable risk for us both because the rewards are greater. 

That’s well put.

It does rub me wrong when I see an ad that says not to contact a guy unless I’m ready for now. Well, I’m ready now to buy your plane ticket if we could pick a date etc. But a lot of these guys think this is Grindr but they get paid. Or they hide behind the excuse that planners won’t follow through. Honey, if I pay for your round-trip plane ticket, I’m committed.

It seems to me that having a mix of some planned gigs with guys like me with the popup types would be the best-case scenario for a provider. He’d at least know he has a good gig coming down the pike. Long-range planning etc. for expenses. Then again, my experience has also been that many of these guys, especially those under 25, don’t seem capable of thinking about much down the road more than about 25 minutes from now either…

8 hours ago, NJF said:

Your last sentence in the previous post is an exaggeration but is also kind of true about the under 25 age group

Oh! Yes. Exaggeration intended!

Although my friends would roll their eyes at my need to plot out a schedule for months ahead for everything! There’s a left and a right side of the road to fall off!

On 7/17/2023 at 1:38 PM, Archangel said:

I almost exclusively schedule multiple-day BFEs. Given my work, it requires me to take time off and requires planning. I prefer scheduling several months out with guys. Sometimes this means I have to fly guys in because local guys aren’t interested in scheduling.

How many do multiple-day BFEs?

How many schedule months ahead?

Providers: what do you see as both the upside and downside to such an approach, for you and for us scheduling types? 

I always prefer planning and scheduling in advance