Getting Ozempic abroad (Mexico/Canada)

Colton

You should look into getting from India through 

indiamart-og1.jpg
WWW.INDIAMART.COM

IndiaMART.com is India's largest online marketplace that assists manufacturers, suppliers & exporters to trade with each other at a common, reliable & transparent platform...

I use one  of the novel oral anticoagulants (NOAC) that are chokingly expensive - my copay for a 90-day supply is $200.00.   The last quarter of the year, because of the donut hole, it costs me $400.00 for 90 days.  The full OOP cost is over 600.00/mo.  I got a year's supply from India from $300.00.

10 minutes ago, Colton said:

I think Ozempic is required to be cold so getting from India isn’t as practical.  But thank you. 

Yup... it was shipped to me with (natural) ice packs.  I ordered it from optum-Rx.

4 minutes ago, craigville beach said:

are you able to drive to Canada?  

Like I said, they use ice packs to ship.  No need to go to a colder climate.

22 hours ago, Rudynate said:

You should look into getting from India through 

indiamart-og1.jpg
WWW.INDIAMART.COM

IndiaMART.com is India's largest online marketplace that assists manufacturers, suppliers & exporters to trade with each other at a common, reliable & transparent platform...

I use one  of the novel oral anticoagulants (NOAC) that are chokingly expensive - my copay for a 90-day supply is $200.00.   The last quarter of the year, because of the donut hole, it costs me $400.00 for 90 days.  The full OOP cost is over 600.00/mo.  I got a year's supply from India from $300.00.

If you are in or past the donut hole, why are you paying a co-pay of $400 for a med? My Ozempic, for example, cost me $10 for a two month supply.

41 minutes ago, Lucky said:

If you are in or past the donut hole, why are you paying a co-pay of $400 for a med? My Ozempic, for example, cost me $10 for a two month supply.

If you are in the donut hole, your cost goes up.  When you get to the other side of the hole, your cost goes way down because you are getting catastrophic coverage.  Some drugs, I  don't even have a co-pay for.  Others cost a bundle.  I use Spiriva - another one that is chokingly expensive- I think my copy for 90 days is around 300.00 - another one I get from India. 

2 hours ago, Rudynate said:

If you are in the donut hole, your cost goes up.  When you get to the other side of the hole, your cost goes way down because you are getting catastrophic coverage.  Some drugs, I  don't even have a co-pay for.  Others cost a bundle.  I use Spiriva - another one that is chokingly expensive- I think my copy for 90 days is around 300.00 - another one I get from India. 

You may want to shop around for different plans come November when it's open enrollment. 

3 hours ago, Rudynate said:

Kaiser’s Medicare Advantage Plan is supposed to be one of the best there is.

You can call 1-800-MEDICARE, tell them what meds you're taking, etc., and they can tell you which plan will cost you the least out of pocket. What's good for the majority may not be best for you. 

Edited by Unicorn

On 5/30/2023 at 10:21 AM, Rudynate said:

My 3 month supply of Advair, usually $131, just cost me $327 because I'm in the donut hole, the first time I've ever experienced that.  I'll have to stretch it to 4+ months.  I have 1 1/2 inhalers in the house, so 4 1/2 will have to last 7 months.  Maybe I'll see my pulmonologist when the weather cools off and beg him for samples.

On 6/2/2023 at 9:06 AM, samhexum said:

My 3 month supply of Advair, usually $131, just cost me $327 because I'm in the donut hole, the first time I've ever experienced that.  I'll have to stretch it to 4+ months.  I have 1 1/2 inhalers in the house, so 4 1/2 will have to last 7 months.  Maybe I'll see my pulmonologist when the weather cools off and beg him for samples.

Advair finally went generic, so GSK won't be sampling it. Ask your pharmacist why you can't get generic. Don't short-change your health.

https://www.pharmacychecker.com/fluticasone%2fsalmeterol/#prices

Edited by Unicorn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 9:06 AM, samhexum said:

I've used Wilexa since it first came onto the market and it is every bit as effective as Advair. Ask your doctor to allow a generic substitution when they write your next script.