CLASSIC RM VS NEW RENTMEN

José Soplanucas

OLD RENTMEN VS NEW RENTMEN  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Classic Rentmen or New Version Rentmen?

• CLASSIC RENTMEN
    • NEW RENTMEN

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/2023 at 04:59 AM

On 3/7/2023 at 1:42 PM, nycman said:

I really dislike the new version. 

I find the old one much easier to search and scroll through.

I find it hard to believe that anyone prefers the new one but maybe I’m missing something. 

I like the old version also. 

I always believe that if something is NOT broken, do not fix it. 

There was nothing wrong with the old version.  The new version - I try to avoid.

The new version has more information about each provider on his home page of you are not a member or not signed in. It's easier to enlarge a photo and to scroll to the next man. I notice however that expired profiles shown up on the old version although their contact information is gone, but they don't show up on the new version at all.  

Actually like the format of the new version and have gotten used to it.  The problem is that there are a couple of annoying bugs:

- Photo slider/zoom doesn't always work smoothly, pictures go blank.
- If you click a link from here, sometimes it goes to the generic home page, not the provider's page.
- The provider data sidebar is more compact in the old version; the new version scrolls the data in part of the screen while the pics stay static.  You have to do more scrolling to see the full profile.
- It'll work fine one day, then be weird the next.  Unpredictable functionality.

- Major concern: I've been looking at "New Guys" on the old site and "Search: New Guys" on the new site.  The old site presents a more frequently changing roster, the new site hasn't changed much in a week.  I get the sense that the old site is just putting people up by most recent join date, and the new site is filtering new signups by some additional factor.  They just don't change as often.  It feels like there are no new signups, but I can't help but wonder if they're gating or cherry picking them.

IMHO.  Just what I have experienced, YMMV.

42 minutes ago, rojjodc said:

I just noticed this morning that the new version rollout is delayed.  I could recall earlier that it said 5 or 6 days but it now says 29 days.

This has been happening for at least a year.  It counts down "60 more days until the new version rolls out", and then when it gets up to a day or two left, it resets itself to 30 or more days left.  Which is fine with me - I HATE the new version and I hope it never takes over.

I just tried both versions on both my phone and a desktop. It seems much better to me than the previous version. Information is better organized and easier to read, and images look great. It is super buggy, as reported, but they just added 30 more days to the beta trial, as also reported.

Overwhelmingly, the posters prefer the old version. There are no questions about it. However, the reasons shared seem to be related to a learning curve and in a few cases just blatant resistance to change.

Several posters pointed out that they prefer the search function in the old version. I tried both and was able to set the search I wanted faster with the new version. For instance, someone shared that he can easier look for new guys in V6. However, it is super easy in v7.

Would you please explain a little bit more about what you mean? Why do you prefer the search function in the old version?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 9:04 AM, Boink said:

This has been happening for at least a year.  It counts down "60 more days until the new version rolls out", and then when it gets up to a day or two left, it resets itself to 30 or more days left.  Which is fine with me - I HATE the new version and I hope it never takes over.

Deployments are ALWAYS 30 days in the future...