**** FRAUD SCAMMER ALERT ***** Zaneandmilaan

BeefyDude

WARNING TO ALL:   These guys are smooth talking SCAMMERS.   AVOIOD at ALL COSTS

https://rentmasseur.com/zaneandmilaan

They were in my city (allegedly). Prior to that we have some wonderful chats.  They are SMOOOTH talkers for sure.  They required a deposit (yeah you know where this is going).  I sent half ($175) via Venmo

The meeting was for Saturday 3pm    Thurs or Fri they asked for the balance stating they like to get money out of the way so no stress - blah blah.    I was very hesitant but paid the venmo balance.

As i'm driving to hotel Saturday 15 minutes before they texted me to cancel with some crazy ass drama story about being stalked and the person calling every hotel complaining about them.  They said they would get a new hotel and get back to me.

NOTHIGN till sunday am.  They even said if you want we will refund. I said Yes.

I should post the chat log.  You gotta see their excuses first hand.  Not only were they stalked but ended up by some drug trafficking lord and they were being interviewed by police to make a report.  WHY they couldn't;t take minutes to pay me back i dont understand.  Well now I do, they are scammers

They kept responding throughout the day but kept saying they have to arrange funds to pay all their pre-paid customers back.  Now 24 hours later, I know I won't get my money.

I did file a disput with Venmo, which does freeze their acct.

I HATE myself for the deposit. I should have known.  But man they were sweet talkers

BEWARE of these guys.   RUN away !!!!!!!!!

Has anyone actually met them or had experiences with them? If so PM me please

That sucks man. I'm not trying to kick you while you're down but never send that big of a deposit and never send all of it upfront. There's no reason then at all for them to go through with the meeting. They already have the money. They also have zero reviews on their ad so that's another big flag at least for me. Hopefully venmo can get your money back somehow. Hopefully karma catches up to them in the long run.

Guys thanks.  You are all right. I should have known better

Hey if I can warn y'all and prevent others from being burnt, then i'm cool

RM won't do SHIT.. Though thanks for reminding me, I will reach out to them - who knows

When I reached out to Venmo they hinted they will be suspending their acct

LESSON learned TRUST ME

Thanks for the help and support guys

Question for future Venmo issues: since you paid via Venmo, was it classified as a payment for goods and/or services, that can officially be disputed since you got neither? I hope you didn't send the amount as a "gift". I would assume the former since you said the dispute submission would freeze their account, although I'm hoping it also freezes the payment.

Edited by Lewis H

4 minutes ago, Lewis H said:

Question for future Venmo issues: since you paid via Venmo, was it classified as a payment for goods and/or services, that can officially be disputed since you got neither? I hope you didn't send the amount as a "gift". I would assume the former since you said it would freeze their account, although I'm hoping it also freezes the payment.

@BeefyDude basically did dispute it so venmo sounds like they are going to ban them. They can't though go into their personal bank account where the money went and take the money back. That'd basically be theft. The only way to get your money back would be to go to small claims court to sue which you could if you wanted a strictly therapeutic massage but if the discussions went towards an erotic massage that's entering illegal services territory which ain't gonna fly.

16 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

Makes me want to mess with them a little. Crank texts, fake plans, threatening calls. That kinda thing. 

If they have done this to other guys I am sure they switch numbers a lot. I wouldn't mess with them just because they prob will suspect it's @BeefyDude who was behind it and I don't want them to have his number blown up back.

sorry this happened to you, but please don't be too hard on yourself.  we have ALL done things that in retrospect were a bad idea; in fact, i would go further and say we have all done things that we kinda knew were a bad idea at the time it happened.

i think any masseur demanding electronic payment upfront should be thought of as sketchy from the jump and avoided.  

not sure the advice to take them to small claims court is particularly helpful, since op doesn't know minor details like... who they are; where they are; or how they can possibly be served.  tough to sue someone without those details!  not to mention there is likely a filing fee in excess of what is even recoverable.

in any event, op, go easy on yourself and chalk it up to lesson learned.  thanks for sharing.  in addition to warning us about these guys, i am always impressed by people willing to make themselves vulnerable.  it's an admirable trait.

Edited by calstrin

1 hour ago, calstrin said:

sorry this happened to you, but please don't be too hard on yourself.  we have ALL done things that in retrospect were a bad idea; in fact, i would go further and say we have all done things that we kinda knew were a bad idea at the time it happened.

i think any masseur demanding electronic payment upfront should be thought of as sketchy from the jump and avoided.  

not sure the advice to take them to small claims court is particularly helpful, since op doesn't know minor details like... who they are; where they are; or how they can possibly be served.  tough to sue someone without those details!  not to mention there is likely a filing fee in excess of what is even recoverable.

in any event, op, go easy on yourself and chalk it up to lesson learned.  thanks for sharing.  in addition to warning us about these guys, i am always impressed by people willing to make themselves vulnerable.  it's an admirable trait.

Thanks.. court is not an option as they are out of state and dont have their names address etc.   

Transaction was done via Venmo.  As i'm a platinum AMEX holder, which is where the funds came from, I wonder if disputing their would help.

YES I learned a valuable lesson.  I also posted this so NO ONE else gets burnt by them

Probably should not have made the deposit without looking more at their profile stats.  For example, their page says that they have 23 years of experience and there nearly 9,800 profile visits.  But I don't see any reviews for them on the site despite their years of experience.  You should leave a negative review if they do not reimburse you within the next week.

Ugh....yes, you shouldn't have known better especially as a long time contributor here.  With that said, ALL OF US at times think too much with our smaller head and that can and occasionally does get the best of us!  I can't tell you how many times I KNEW something was a bad idea, but I was on autopilot and went ahead with it only to be disappointed or in situations I had no business getting into.  @BeefyDudedon't be too hard on yourself and hopefully you've learned your lesson on this particular scam.

Everybody makes mistakes, the point is to avoid repeating them as we move forward. So, thank you @BeefyDude for sharing a story that should serve as a valuable lesson to all of us.

I think one universal rule we can agree on is to NEVER-EVER PAY A DEPOSIT FOR A MASSAGE, no matter how small.

Personally, I will not hire masseurs for which I hear that they require payment upfront either. Or those who aggressively shortchange their clients on time. It takes some practice, but don't allow your smaller head to take over. Besides, those pix on rentmasseur that got you going are probably outdated anyway. I feel sorry for the newbies who are unaware of this site.

Edited by Capitano