A Question for Growers

Guest Matt Smith

Guest Matt Smith

Okay, I know that some guys are growers and some are showers.  So, this question is aimed at growers:

How much do you actually grow?  I've tried doing a bit of research on this, and I don't think I've got good search criteria.  But, I'm curious to know how much growth you experience going from flaccid to hard. 

For me, I grow A LOT.  Like, even when I'm nicely warm down there, I'm hardly "hung".  At its warmest, my limp dick is probably only 1 1/2 inches long.  My balls don't hang down that far either, so I feel like I look pretty tiny.  The funny thing is, when it's limp, I can't even pull it to as long as it gets when hard.  I grow to 7 inches, and only recently I found out that the condoms I've been buying literally are too small (I'm not bragging).  I found out about the "toilet roll test", and my dick gets just thick enough, I can only get it about 1/3 to 1/2 into a toilet roll, and then it won't go any further.  I tried the large condoms too, and boy did that improve things too.  I don't say that to brag at all.  I've never come anywhere close to feeling either embarrassed or proud of my dick.  My dick is just what it is.  I don't care to show off nor am I embarrassed, but it got me wondering how common it is to grow so much, i.e. to have such a major difference in size between my flaccid penis and my erect penis. 

So like I said, I'm just curious if any of you other guys are like that or what your experiences are.

Thanks for sharing.

I was never much of either a grower or a shower. Just an average size both flaccid and erect ( about 6 and half hard and circumsized btw). 

I was once with a Swedish guy in Europe and he was taller than me, around 6' 3" and huge feet, which is what I noticed first.

When we got in bed, his dick looked about 3 inches long flaccid but what struck me was how thick and wrinkled it looked. Well that was the clue. The skin started to tighten up as he started to get erect and finally I was presented with a magnificent 10 or 11 inch throbbing cock and very thick. Oh my.

Average penis length has grown in 30 years — doctors call it ‘concerning’

They’re growing – and it’s showing.

The average penis length has increased over the past 30 years, a new study has revealed, but experts warn it might not be the ideal reality every man’s dreamed of.

As it turns out, size does matter: Researchers fear the phallic inflation is due to unhealthy habits, like binging junk food or being mostly sedentary, or even pollution.

“Any overall change in development is concerning, because our reproductive system is one of the most important pieces of human biology,” Dr. Michael Eisenberg, the study’s author, told Stanford Medicine’s blog Scope. “If we’re seeing this fast of a change, it means that something powerful is happening to our bodies.”

Published in the World Journal of Men’s Health, the Stanford University study analyzed data from 75 studies with over 55,000 men from 1992 to 2021, focusing on the length of an erect penis.

Researchers discovered that the average penis size had grown a staggering 24% over nearly three decades.

“Erect penile length is getting longer, from an average of 4.8 inches to 6 inches, over the past 29 years,” Dr. Eisenberg said.

While more studies are needed to confirm the findings and, if confirmed, “determine the cause” of the changes, this research’s conclusions are hard for experts to swallow.

Dr. Eisenberg assumed to see a decline in length – instead, he found the opposite.

“Given the trends we’d seen in other measures of men’s reproductive health, we thought there could be a decline in penile length due to the same environmental exposures,” he said.

“What we found was quite different from trends in other areas of male fertility and health,” he added.

Chemical exposure from pesticides or hygiene products, he continued, could be one of the various factors causing the quick growth. Such chemicals can disrupt the endocrine system, which regulates hormones.

Past studies have claimed pollution is shrinking the peen – yet, this study may prove those findings false.

American males’ penises rank only 59th in the world, and other research has linked size to a number of social and health consequences. One study found that the larger the dong, the bigger the personality, while another concluded that men with longer members are more likely to spend big bucks on sports cars.

In 2018, a study led by Dr. Austen Slade from the University of Colorado claimed that well-endowed men were less likely to face infertility issues.

But the deep dives on penis size have been criticized for preying on male insecurities, specifically as it relates to infertility.

“We give men such a bad press all the time and the one thing that scares them is that size matters. To now to say they have a smaller chance of becoming a father is not a good message,” said Sheena Lewis, from Queen’s University Belfast, at the time of the infertility study, which found that smaller penises are linked to fertility problems.

“This is also a problem you cannot find a solution to – what can you do about it? This is a very novel idea but the study does not tell us what a normal penis length is,” she added.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/16/average-penis-length-has-grown-doctors-call-it-concerning/

I was glad to find this topic, because I didn't know whether to post this article here:

or here:

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

1 hour ago, samhexum said:

Average penis length has grown in 30 years — doctors call it ‘concerning’

They’re growing – and it’s showing.

The average penis length has increased over the past 30 years, a new study has revealed, but experts warn it might not be the ideal reality every man’s dreamed of.

As it turns out, size does matter: Researchers fear the phallic inflation is due to unhealthy habits, like binging junk food or being mostly sedentary, or even pollution.

“Any overall change in development is concerning, because our reproductive system is one of the most important pieces of human biology,” Dr. Michael Eisenberg, the study’s author, told Stanford Medicine’s blog Scope. “If we’re seeing this fast of a change, it means that something powerful is happening to our bodies.”

Published in the World Journal of Men’s Health, the Stanford University study analyzed data from 75 studies with over 55,000 men from 1992 to 2021, focusing on the length of an erect penis.

Researchers discovered that the average penis size had grown a staggering 24% over nearly three decades.

“Erect penile length is getting longer, from an average of 4.8 inches to 6 inches, over the past 29 years,” Dr. Eisenberg said.

While more studies are needed to confirm the findings and, if confirmed, “determine the cause” of the changes, this research’s conclusions are hard for experts to swallow.

Dr. Eisenberg assumed to see a decline in length – instead, he found the opposite.

“Given the trends we’d seen in other measures of men’s reproductive health, we thought there could be a decline in penile length due to the same environmental exposures,” he said.

“What we found was quite different from trends in other areas of male fertility and health,” he added.

Chemical exposure from pesticides or hygiene products, he continued, could be one of the various factors causing the quick growth. Such chemicals can disrupt the endocrine system, which regulates hormones.

Past studies have claimed pollution is shrinking the peen – yet, this study may prove those findings false.

American males’ penises rank only 59th in the world, and other research has linked size to a number of social and health consequences. One study found that the larger the dong, the bigger the personality, while another concluded that men with longer members are more likely to spend big bucks on sports cars.

In 2018, a study led by Dr. Austen Slade from the University of Colorado claimed that well-endowed men were less likely to face infertility issues.

But the deep dives on penis size have been criticized for preying on male insecurities, specifically as it relates to infertility.

“We give men such a bad press all the time and the one thing that scares them is that size matters. To now to say they have a smaller chance of becoming a father is not a good message,” said Sheena Lewis, from Queen’s University Belfast, at the time of the infertility study, which found that smaller penises are linked to fertility problems.

“This is also a problem you cannot find a solution to – what can you do about it? This is a very novel idea but the study does not tell us what a normal penis length is,” she added.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/16/average-penis-length-has-grown-doctors-call-it-concerning/

I was glad to find this topic, because I didn't know whether to post this article here:

or here:

I'm calling this fake news. Mine hasn't grown at all since 1993. 😭

18 hours ago, samhexum said:

Erect penile length is getting longer, from an average of 4.8 inches to 6 inches, over the past 29 years,” Dr. Eisenberg said.

I'm no size queen.....but 4.8" erect ?? That was the average ?

When I look back at the thousands of guys I fucked over the years, I've rarely seen one that small. When was this the average ? The 1800's ?

I would like to know the methology of the studies that determined average length of erect penises. Was it race inclusive and representative of their share of the adult male population, what age were the subjects, how was erection determined, how were the measurements made, etc. What size were the subjects if penis length correlates with height, feet size, hand size?? 

I don't know all the variables but I do have questions. 

Edited by Luv2play

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 5:39 PM, samhexum said:

Is there a correlation between dick size and homosexuality / bisexuality in men ? 'Cause this says the majority of men are 6 inches while everyone on Grindr claims to be eight inches  at minimum 😉

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

Is there a correlation between dick size and homosexuality / bisexuality in men ? 'Cause this says the majority of men are 6 inches while everyone on Grindr claims to be eight inches  at minimum 😉

I read an article years ago, but can't remember the source, that the median North American erect penis was 5.5 inches for heterosexual men and 6.0 inches for gay men.