Palm Springs 40th birthday bash

Bryan Dube

Hi all, i don't know many of you that well, but given your expertise with Palm Springs, I wondered if you all might have some recos for a bday weekend that i'm planning for myself and a group of my closest friends. :) 

I've rented a house, it's 5 minutes from dt. Looking for personal chef recommendations in the area, the best gay bars to hit up, and possibly some recos for strippers/male dancer i could hire for some entertainment. (bear in mind this will be a mixed group of gays and straights). 

Any and all recommendations you have would be much appreciated. 🙏

Cheers, 

Bryan

2 hours ago, Bryan Dube said:

Hi all, i don't know many of you that well, but given your expertise with Palm Springs, I wondered if you all might have some recos for a bday weekend that i'm planning for myself and a group of my closest friends. :) 

I've rented a house, it's 5 minutes from dt. Looking for personal chef recommendations in the area, the best gay bars to hit up, and possibly some recos for strippers/male dancer i could hire for some entertainment. (bear in mind this will be a mixed group of gays and straights). 

Cheers, 

Bryan

I don't know if you have a partner but if so let him know in advance that you are thinking of hiring a stripper. I once went to a 40th birthday party of a friend of mine who invited two strippers to add to the festivities. It was to be a surprise for his partner. 

When they made an appearance you could see the tension on his partner's face, who didn't crack a smile through the entire show. It didn't help when they sat naked on his lover's lap. It wasn't too long after that they broke up. Of course that probably wasn't the reason but still. 

Edited by Luv2play

2 hours ago, Luv2play said:

I don't know if you have a partner but if so let him know in advance that you are thinking of hiring a stripper. I once went to a 40th birthday party of a friend of mine who invited two strippers to add to the festivities. It was to be a surprise for his partner. 

When they made an appearance you could see the tension on his partner's face, who didn't crack a smile through the entire show. It didn't help when they sat naked on his lover's lap. It wasn't too long after that they broke up. Of course that probably wasn't the reason but still. 

No partner! but i could see how that could be an issue if i did have one and didn't communicate this beforehand. 😂

On 2/4/2023 at 12:34 PM, Bryan Dube said:

Cheers, 

Bryan

Only know restauraunts but here are my recs

• Sherman’s Deli for the Pastrami and Pistacio Cake
  • LG steakhouse for Fancy Dinner
  • il Giardino for Italian
  • Farm for Brunch 
  • Ernest Coffee and 4 Paws Coffee Co.
  • The Reef Tiki Bar and Food
  • People might rec The Tropicale but they are owned by Trump supporters 😶 

As for gay bars go early if you feel like you wanna be there when there is a crowd 

51 minutes ago, AsianGuyCA said:

Only know restauraunts but here are my recs

• Sherman’s Deli for the Pastrami and Pistacio Cake
  • LG steakhouse for Fancy Dinner
  • il Giardino for Italian
  • Farm for Brunch 
  • Ernest Coffee and 4 Paws Coffee Co.
  • The Reef Tiki Bar and Food
  • People might rec The Tropicale but they are owned by Trump supporters 😶 

As for gay bars go early if you feel like you wanna be there when there is a crowd 

Thank you for the recommendations! Will definitely take some of these into consideration. 😋

On 2/10/2023 at 8:42 PM, arnie said:

Sherman's Deli.  As a native and long time New Yorker,  nothing I had there, particularly the pastrami is fully spiced like in in NY.  Never find a Sherman's knish in NY either.  It wasn't bad, just very different.  

I just moved to LA from NYC after 10 years and I can say i agree with you in that there are a lot of things food wise that just don't measure up. 

which is not to say the food isn't great in its own right out here. it's just as you say, very different.  😂 

On 2/4/2023 at 12:34 PM, Bryan Dube said:

Cheers, 

Bryan

For additional help, check out Palm Springs at https://gaycities.com/

Edited by Axiom2001