Sad news from Hollywood - RIP Adam Rich

CuriousByNature

It has been reported that Adam Rich, who played the youngest son Nicholas on tv's Eight is Enough, has died.  He was discovered at his Brentwood home on Saturday at the age of 54, and no foul play is suspected.  I believe he is the second of the Bradford children to have died - the other being Lani O'Grady, who played eldest sister Mary and died about 20 years ago or so.

6 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

...  He was discovered at his Brentwood home on Saturday at the age of 54, and no foul play is suspected...

I'd say that almost any death at the age of 54 is suspicious. 

2 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Even more so now that I read up on him to learn that he's had a lifelong battle with drugs and alcohol....

36 minutes ago, caliguy said:

8 is enough really sucked as most television did in that era. You would watch it today and wonder why anyone in their right mind would ever consider it comedy.

54 is way too young though. 

I remember watching just because of Willie Aames :)  He was one of my first TV celeb crushes.

RIP Adam...and as others have said, way way too young.

On 1/9/2023 at 2:55 AM, Unicorn said:

Even more so now that I read up on him to learn that he's had a lifelong battle with drugs and alcohol....

On 1/9/2023 at 12:06 AM, Unicorn said:

So you posted that it was suspicious at 12:06 am, then researched Adam's life history until you posted at 2:55 am?

That's dedication! 🙂

5 hours ago, Lucky said:

So you posted that it was suspicious at 12:06 am, then researched Adam's life history until you posted at 2:55 am?

That's dedication! 🙂

Quick to jump to conclusions? We're traveling in Cambodia at this time. News flash: the earth is round. Not everyone posts from the same time zone.

Edited by Unicorn

5 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Quick to jump to conclusions? We're traveling in Cambodia at this time. News flash: the earth is round. Not everyone posts from the same time zone.

Time zones don’t diminish @Lucky’s time math….hinting you researched Adam Rich from 12:06 to 2:55…I’m assuming that’s what he was hinting. 2 hours and 49 minutes of research.

4 hours ago, MikeBiDude said:

Time zones don’t diminish @Lucky’s time math….hinting you researched Adam Rich from 12:06 to 2:55…I’m assuming that’s what he was hinting. 2 hours and 49 minutes of research.

I looked it up at a different time, obviously. His point seemed to be that he believed I was up in the early AM researching this. I was not. We've been generally going to bed at 10 :30 PM local time, waking up around 6:30 AM. Hopefully, his point was not that he believed it took me almost 3 hours to bring up AR's profile on Wikipedia.

Edited by Unicorn

6 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I looked it up at a different time, obviously. His point seemed to be that he believed I was up in the early AM researching this. I was not. We've been generally going to bed at 10 :30 PM local time, waking up around 6:30 AM. Hopefully, his point was not that he believed it took me almost 3 hours to bring up AR's profile on Wikipedia.

I just assumed you had a very slow internet connection

6 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

I just assumed you had a very slow internet connection

Not terribly complicated. I commented that any death at the age of 54, unless it's obvious on looking at the person or from a horrible health history, is suspicious. Some time later, I saw that a poster was confused about this. So I looked the dude up on Wikipedia, which was quick to note the severe substance abuse history. 

8 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

Not terribly complicated. I commented that any death at the age of 54, unless it's obvious on looking at the person or from a horrible health history, is suspicious. Some time later, I saw that a poster was confused about this. So I looked the dude up on Wikipedia, which was quick to note the severe substance abuse history. 

I know. I was joking. Nobody's internet is that slow.

• 2 months later...