Best gay NYE event in WeHo/LA

jessmapex

I have decided to visit LA and West Hollywood for the nye. I will stay in WeHo. Aside from the WeHo bars, which place/nye event would you recommend for a lone john like me. Is it the MasterBeat event at the Mayan where the cool guys will be at? I am willing to shell out some bucks to shrug these holiday doldrums off. There is talk about economic doom and gloom for 2023. Thought I could live a little before all that rolls in.

6 hours ago, jessmapex said:

I have decided to visit LA and West Hollywood for the nye. I will stay in WeHo. Aside from the WeHo bars, which place/nye event would you recommend for a lone john like me. Is it the MasterBeat event at the Mayan where the cool guys will be at? I am willing to shell out some bucks to shrug these holiday doldrums off. There is talk about economic doom and gloom for 2023. Thought I could live a little before all that rolls in.

Looks like allot of fun. The last one I did was in 2002. I looked allot better back then without my shirt too...🦾😂😪

51 minutes ago, samhexum said:

Do gays have their own calendar, like the Chinese & Jewish people?  If so, does the new year begin on a different date every year like theirs?  Just curious, as I've never heard anything about it.

Lol. But seriously, can't say if you meant this the 'funny' way or the 'woke' way.

On 12/24/2022 at 11:37 PM, samhexum said:

Do gays have their own calendar, like the Chinese & Jewish people ?

I think they do.

I remember being on Fire Island one summer and marveling how at certain times of the day it was like they rang a bell and all the gays headed in one direction. (I was always swimming upstream)  trying to figure out if there was actually a bell or you just knew what to do if you were gay.

Edited by pubic_assistance
spelling

On 12/24/2022 at 11:37 PM, samhexum said:

Do gays have their own calendar, like the Chinese & Jewish people?  If so, does the new year begin on a different date every year like theirs?  Just curious, as I've never heard anything about it.

Do Jewish Australians  celebrate Boxing Day?

12 hours ago, WilliamM said:

Do Jewish Australians  celebrate Boxing Day?

The celebrations of Boxing Day are entirely secular, and celebrated (or not) equally by Australians of all stripes. They are going to or watching the Boxing Day test, the Boxing Day sales, watching the start of the Sydney to Hobart, and recovering from overeating by doing it all over again. Or going to the beach and/or setting off on a drive (or now flight) to a summer holiday destination.

5 minutes ago, MikeBiDude said:

For me…watching the start of the race was 1800 pacific daylight time in California Christmas Day. 

Yup, 1300 AEDT here, that's five hours behind PST (and a day ahead). It was one of the best days in Sydney.

And yes, I realise that makes your current New Years Day morning time 3.20am on 2 Jan here.