Grindr Scam

TorontoDrew

They're back again.  Hot Asian guys looking for love (and your money).  I don't block them right away anymore.  I like to knock them off script and see how they react.  On script they can be eloquent.  Off script they struggle.  I send them faceless nudes and ask for theirs.  Keep talking about sex and make them uncomfortable.   Then I report the profile.

I obviously have too much time on my hands.

On 11/23/2022 at 4:50 PM, cany10011 said:

My friend lost 325K in such a scam. The guy was a "hot" Asian model who was living with his uncle on the Upper West Side and he claimed that he couldn't meet because he had covid. My gullible friend kept on sending him money to invest as they were supposed to meet and get married. When it came time to withdraw his money, the model disappeared along with his money. Unfortunately that money is long gone. My friend only confessed to me as he needed to borrow 100K to redeem the lost the money.  I asked him to contact the FBI, which he did, but the FBI stated that this happens a lot and that there is really no way to recover the lost funds. 

Yeah, it's incredulous but these things happen... Another 2 friends of mine got duped one lost 75K and another 100K... and these only happened in a time span of a few months. 

I'm sorry it happened to them... but if i were to depart with any money it better be for a few months of debauchery on a Greek island with the cast of Belami.

Sorry to hear that.

Your friend should contact "American Greed ' on NBC and tell his story to warn others.

16 hours ago, TorontoDrew said:

They're back again.  Hot Asian guys looking for love (and your money).  I don't block them right away anymore.  I like to knock them off script and see how they react.  On script they can be eloquent.  Off script they struggle.  I send them faceless nudes and ask for theirs.  Keep talking about sex and make them uncomfortable.   Then I report the profile.

I obviously have too much time on my hands.

Another one (a girl this time) told me she met an engineer on an oil rig who was coming to visit in a month's time. They both shared the same interests and have same family background (only child... i'm sure this was fabricated). After sexting daily and getting hot and heavy on whatsapp, the scammer guy becomes silent and says he is depressed. After a period of non communication (after 3 days), he tells her that he needs 20K to pay his subcontractor and that because he is an on an oil rig he cannot call his bank etc... and gives her the name of his friend that she should send money to. This friend of mine then calls me and asks what she should do (WTF???). I told her, "you've been scammed already and you are asking me what to do? ..like she was even contemplating for a second in sending him some money.

Crazy and gullible people out there! And, there are the scammers out there looking for them!

Edited by cany10011

1 hour ago, cany10011 said:

This story is oft played on many dating apps... which is why i don't date. I only have sex. 

My regular guy (I met on seeking) tells me he just signed up for the exclusive dating app "Raya". Mind you, it might be a low bar because even though they claim a <10% acceptance rate, my friend went to average state school, but has hot aryan looks and works for a Fortune 100 company (entry level).

He asked me if I wanted a referral to Raya (he charges 1K for referrals, but wanted to give to me for free). I told him I don't need Raya, I have seeking and rentmen. 

Edited by cany10011

On 11/23/2022 at 1:27 PM, TorontoDrew said:

I found an article on Reddit but nothing on here. The last two days I've had three very attractive Asian men contact me on Grindr.  One was nice but after three something smells.  Apparently it starts off with looking for a relationship and ends with Crypto investments.  All started talking about money pretty quickly.  Any one else experiencing this?

Yes!!  Amazing-looking guys - they  are all recent immigrants,  and they have a design firm and they manage their investments on the side. 

11 minutes ago, cany10011 said:

Another one (a girl this time) told me she meet an engineer on an oil rig who was coming to visit in a month's time. They both shared the same interests and have same family background (only child... i'm sure this was fabricated). After sexting daily and getting hot and heavy on whatsapp, the scammer guy becomes silent and says he is depressed. After a period of non communication (after 3 days), he tells her that he needs 20K to pay his subcontractor and that because he is an on an oil rig he cannot call his bank etc... and gives her the name of his friend that she should send money to. This friend of mine then calls me and asks what she should do (WTF???). I told her, "you've been scammed already and you are asking me what to do? ..like she was even contemplating for a second in sending him some money.

Crazy and gullible people out there! And, there are the scammers out there looking for them!

A while back, I encountered a version of the oil rig.  Incredibly sexy German, he was an "engineer" and had taken a job on an oil rig, the job turned out to be a dissappointment and he needed money to buy out his contract.

I've got a Belgian gut working on me now.  Actually sent me a dick pic.  Probably not his but very nice.  I asked him what he did and he responded  "I am a encrypted digital currency financial analyst (at the same time I also invested in some  restaurants and hotels or other stores and supermarkets).

I can't wait to see whether I get to buy some crypto currency or get in on those investments.

I live a full life! 😃

1 minute ago, TorontoDrew said:

I've got a Belgian gut working on me now.  Actually sent me a dick pic.  Probably not his but very nice.  I asked him what he did and he responded  "I am a encrypted digital currency financial analyst (at the same time I also invested in some  restaurants and hotels or other stores and supermarkets).

I can't wait to see whether I get to buy some crypto currency or get in on those investments.

I live a full life! 😃

A while back - I had a gorgeous young doctor from Dallas whose partner had dumped him and left him with tens of thousands in credit card debt.

52 minutes ago, cany10011 said:

This story is oft played on many dating apps... which is why i don't date. I only have sex. 

I often hear Grindr, Scruff & other apps referred to as “free-sex” vs the paid providers

reminder - nothing is free 
the typical “free” hookup takes hours to coordinate & you’ll be lucky if you don’t get robbed or an sti  
the apps are flooded w scam artists, thieves & drug addicts all playing on loneliness & vulnerability - especially with older men as targets
crimes originating on the apps are vastly underreported because the victim is embarrassed 

18 hours ago, Rudynate said:

A while back, I encountered a version of the oil rig.  Incredibly sexy German, he was an "engineer" and had taken a job on an oil rig

I had an oil rig experience too, from Romeo. A guy was posing as an amazingly gorgeous young Chinese engineer working on a rig off the coast of Ireland (weird location choice, Norway would have been more credible IMHO). A very strange story mixed with lots of sexting back and forth developed for a couple of weeks.

He needed me to write a letter to his boss so he would authorize him to leave the platform and come see me (allegedly his husband LOL) in Hong Kong. Wanting to see where this would go, I created a hotmail account and wrote to the “boss”. Of course, the vacation got approved 😂 and, naturally, the young penniless engineer then needed me to transfer him 2000 euros for the air fare, which he would promptly reimburse me once we had met in HK and had had the most torrid and passionate sex for days. Needless to say, at this point my hotmail account suddenly vanished in thin air, and the poor Chinese engineer was left hanging in his exile off the Irish coast. 🤷🏻

Edited by liubit

7 hours ago, The_Impeccable_George said:

I must be doing something wrong because I am stuck to the old boring Prince of Nigeria story. No oil rigs and hot vacations. 🤣

I think the type of person that wastes hours engaging with chat bots on a hook up app is doing something wrong. That’s a psyche I won’t soon understand. 

7 hours ago, The_Impeccable_George said:

I must be doing something wrong because I am stuck to the old boring Prince of Nigeria story. No oil rigs and hot vacations. 🤣

On IG, I get occasional DM's from an incredibly handsome Arab who tells me he's the Crown Prince of Dubai.  There actually is such a person, but I doubt that he would be sending DM's to random men on social media. 

On 1/3/2023 at 1:15 PM, jessmapex said:

It just amazes me how the cliched saying "if it's too good to be true ..." never fully sinks into our psyche. There is a chance a 20something super-attractive guy genuinely likes and romantically loves a much older guy... but it is very slim. The person who lost 300k on a scam like this, I wonder if that kinda money was just a pocket change for him. If he has that much money, I wonder how he made his fortune if he is so gullible. May be he is a senior citizen not at the best of his wits. May be he just inherited it. Who knows! 

But then again, the so called crypto-bros and sophisticated investors lost millions into a scheme propped up by another young guy - SBF - who sits arrested in his parents' Palo Alto, CA home. So don't feel bad for yourself. We are a society that always falls for trickery and charm of our youngsters. 

By the way, Elizabeth Holmes - waiting for her sentence to begin -  also stays not too far from where SBF is at. She had the likes of former secretary of state George Shultz drawn into her scam.

It's a jungle out there. Almost any stranger who hits you up on social media is suspect.