Switching Cell Phone Providers, But to Whom?

Lucky

On 1/2/2023 at 9:27 AM, Lucky said:

My switch to T-Mobile unveiled a series of billing problems. Every month my fixed rate is changed!

Had the same problem with ATT for my internet.  Once, the rep on the phone flat out said that promotional rate was not valid, and would have to pay new rate.  Filed a complaint with FCC.  It got fixed, but don't know how long that would have lasted, because I canceled very soon when my condo association got us on a bulk rate with Xfinity.  Stayed with Tracfone rather than put all my eggs in one basket with Xfinity.

• 2 months later...
On 11/28/2022 at 9:37 PM, top_guy_atl said:

I have been using Mint Mobile for several years.  For the best deal, I pre-pay for one year in advance... ~$200 including taxes and fees.  I like not paying a monthly bill.  I believe they use the t-mobile network, so 5G service has been good wherever I go.  I stay on wi-fi as much as possible, so I never even have to think about using too much data.

T-Mobile's buying Mint.  I guess Ryan's mom won't be making any more commercials.

On 1/2/2023 at 7:27 AM, Lucky said:

My switch to T-Mobile unveiled a series of billing problems. Every month my fixed rate is changed!

I'm sorry to hear that.

I have been with TMobile month to month for at least a decade now, and I have never had a price increase expect for maybe one cent, but then it goes back down one cent the following month.

That is the main reason I switched from Cricket to T-Mobile.  Cricket would keep adding random fees (statement fee, accept a payment fee, service fee, tax recovery fee, new president fee, month with a vowel fee) to the advertised monthly rate.

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2022 at 9:37 PM, top_guy_atl said:

I have been using Mint Mobile for several years. 

On 12/3/2022 at 1:29 PM, samhexum said:

Is it true that if you switch to them, Ryan Reynolds comes to your house naked to hand you a new phone?

On 3/15/2023 at 10:54 AM, samhexum said:

T-Mobile's buying Mint.  I guess Ryan's mom won't be making any more commercials.

On 3/15/2023 at 10:58 AM, Kevin Slater said:

Part of the deal has him staying on as spokesperson.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/20/ryan-reynolds-mint-mobile-windfall-in-jeopardy-as-t-mobile-deal-faces-doj-scrutiny-source/

• 3 months later...